Future lurker says hello.

Rokuta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Lets try again.

Martial arts experience:

I studied taekwondo for around 6 months in 2003. The dojo I was learning at offered classes at GMU and I took them for a semester before graduation. Reason for stopping, I injured my foot in sparring, left in pain and by the following morning couldn't stand on it. I guess I was afraid of further injury.

I presently am studying ninpo with a group in northern VA, part of Kageshin Dojo in Genbukan. I started back around Christmas. It's been a lot of fun learning with them. My progress . . . I'm not sure if it is slow or normal. Better to learn the techniques than to be promoted fast with no idea what is going on. Given my level of fitness when starting this class I am satisfied with my ability. Tachi nagare and breakfalls are still a bit of a bear.

Hi.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, but lurking can't be nearly as much fun as participating. :)

OP
Rokuta

Rokuta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps not. Depends on the sub forum in question and the content of the discussion. :)

OP
Rokuta

Rokuta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As of December 29 I will have been studying Ninpo for 1 year. What a difference from day one. I need some cake. :D

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of December 29 I will have been studying Ninpo for 1 year. What a difference from day one. I need some cake. :D
Good for you, congratulations. Always awesome to fine home.. :) Please keep us in the loop on your progress......

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Looking forward to your input and shared experiences.

Towel Snapper

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lets try again.

Martial arts experience:

I studied taekwondo for around 6 months in 2003. The dojo I was learning at offered classes at GMU and I took them for a semester before graduation. Reason for stopping, I injured my foot in sparring, left in pain and by the following morning couldn't stand on it. I guess I was afraid of further injury.

I presently am studying ninpo with a group in northern VA, part of Kageshin Dojo in Genbukan. I started back around Christmas. It's been a lot of fun learning with them. My progress . . . I'm not sure if it is slow or normal. Better to learn the techniques than to be promoted fast with no idea what is going on. Given my level of fitness when starting this class I am satisfied with my ability. Tachi nagare and breakfalls are still a bit of a bear.

Hi.

I will imagine your "audience" everytime I post. Welcome.

OP
Rokuta

Rokuta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And I have been out with a shoulder injury for 2 months now. :) Hoping the latest attempt at therapy will clear it up by Halloween so I can refocus on Nana Kyu and attend our Fall seminar.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck with all that hopefully fall seminar will be good one

Latest Discussions