fun & intersting

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
First to comment on youtube, and man, you guys have opened my eyes to alot of "Flowing On The Other Side"
of techniques.
I have to admit, im a big fan of the Deadly Hawaiin one you created, i practiced it on a gentleman from my school and he was like "How in the hell do you do that?"
LOL!!!
(If i can get a damned camera, i will try to post some, i promise!)

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
First to comment on youtube, and man, you guys have opened my eyes to alot of "Flowing On The Other Side"
of techniques.
I have to admit, im a big fan of the Deadly Hawaiin one you created, i practiced it on a gentleman from my school and he was like "How in the hell do you do that?"
LOL!!!
(If i can get a damned camera, i will try to post some, i promise!)

i look forward to seeing your stuff.

Respectfully,
marlon

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
THE 3 I REALLY WANT TO POST ARE:
#1 BREAKING THE WILL(epak GUYS WANT TO SEE IT REALLY BAD!)
#2 CERIO'S 8 LEAPARD ATTACKS
#3 OUR VERSION OF PARTYING WINGS (SIMILAR TO DEADLY HAWAIIN KEMPO, BUT MORE KICKS AND STRIKES TO EYES,THROAT, AND GROIN.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is palnning on creating some techniques to post and discuss; and , if anyone has questions and comments on the technical merits and é or flaws of the techniques already posted

Respectfully,
Marlon

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, All martial art training in the beginning you learn like a "copy cat"...than there come a point...you use what you learn and become creative...

This is the point of this lesson you have to do...become creative!

Aloha, "eh...check out my art work here?" ....'.how come?" in black and white? ....oh...you made the eyes black!

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Marlon-San,

It was hard to tell (I had it on mute since it is 2am) but it looked like you hit the same target (throat) more than once which shouldn't be necessary and after the first kick you set your foot down inside of the opponents, also making me weary.

Great idea with this thread-

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marlon-San,

It was hard to tell (I had it on mute since it is 2am) but it looked like you hit the same target (throat) more than once which shouldn't be necessary and after the first kick you set your foot down inside of the opponents, also making me weary.

Great idea with this thread-

Thank you for your input. The inverted ridge( if you are speaking of the first techinque) is not a strike to the throat but more of a check to hinder the cover motion that can naturally occur when the balance is disrupted. This supports the nxt strike to the center by helping to stretch the musculature and hereby increasing the vulnerablity of he target. That is my thnking and I am open to crrection. I intentionally place my leg btwn the attackers legs. First after kicking out one leg my placement checks off some of his countering possiblities and continues to mve him off where he attacked me from thereby disrupting his center and causing his body to feel the need to re adjust instead of being able to focus on attack. Please let me know your reasons for being leery of he tactic. My thanks again for your sharing.. I love to learn
respectfully
Marlon

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Marlon -

Just some quick observations on Technique #2
Nice beginning on the inside of your opponents right, liked the glancing claw to the face.
the neck grab/snap is very unpredictable depending on the power and effectiveness of the first strike. Why did you turn the full 180 degrees during the neck grab/snap versus drawing into a cat stance facing your 9 o'clock? then unloading into a half-moon stance (facing 9:00) into your right forearm strike to the head then continuing the technique?
just some observations not a critique or evaluation.

Just some quick observations on Technique #3
Got to love double blocks while keeping a check up just in case, coming in and closing the distance with the tigers mouth to the throat. great use of taking away your opponents balance and height zone. great contact with your opponents body with your legs (in both techniques) If it where me I would have switched the forearm strike to the head for a palm heel or thrust punch through the target then grab the head/neck/jaw and using your leg which is behind your opponent to throw him down versus the knee kick, then cross over and cover up...

just my humble and ignorant observations,

Chris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I will record some techniques later this week based off some SKK combinations and concepts.

Chris

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello Chris. thanks for the questions. Technique 2 I turn with the head at the beginning partially because I wanted this technique to demonstrate flowing around an opponent. So, I get the head going in one direction, disrupting the structural integrity in two directions and continue. Your option is perfectly valid, it is just not in line with the flow I wanted to show
hope that is clear

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it will be a couple of weeks before I can get an uke and make some videos...
I would love some more vids of yourself and techniques...I think we all love
pitching in our .02 cents on em!