Fu Jow Pai

Tenguru

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just read all 3 pages of this thread and I still haven't gotten much insight into the Fu Jow Pai system.

Would you please tell us something about the theory, training methodology, ranking system, history, etc of the system? What is a typical training session like for noobs? for advanced students? Do you spar? Are there any traditions or techniques that are central to Fu Jow Pai? Does it involve weapons training? Is Fu Jow Pai an art that most people would be able to master?

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just read all 3 pages of this thread and I still haven't gotten much insight into the Fu Jow Pai system.

Would you please tell us something about the theory, training methodology, ranking system, history, etc of the system? What is a typical training session like for noobs? for advanced students? Do you spar? Are there any traditions or techniques that are central to Fu Jow Pai? Does it involve weapons training? Is Fu Jow Pai an art that most people would be able to master?

Greetings and salutation Tenguru. Yes it is a full contact art and no we do not pull punches. No not all who practice Fu Jow Pai achieve master status. That is why they are only seven Si-Fu teaching Fu Jow Pai today, although they are many who have tried to master the System. If you were a student of our system you would know it is not an easy system to master.

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello all who are interested. I am a Sifu in the Fu jow Pai ( Tiger Claw Family) under Grand Master Wai Hong Ng the only Grand Master of the System. I teach in New York City, Florida and in Greece. Anyone with questions about the Fu Jow Pai Famliy or the system may ask questions and I will give answers. I realize there are a lot of charlatans proclaiming they are the Grand master of the Fu Jow Pai Family. Before there were computers or internet, the Charlatans were able to get rich off people or students who didn't know any better. However this is changing for the better and we the board members and the executive branch are putting out the word of who we are and who the charlatans are. So you can be aware of false so called practitioners.

BlackTiger1,

I'm curious to know are you one of the Giboyeaux brothers, and if you are, which one are you? I'm glad to meet a fellow Hak Fu stylist on the forums. Your sifu and my sifu are very good friends.

jeff:)

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
BlackTiger1,

I'm curious to know are you one of the Giboyeaux brothers, and if you are, which one are you? I'm glad to meet a fellow Hak Fu stylist on the forums. Your sifu and my sifu are very good friends.

Greetings and salutations Jeff, I met your Sifu back in 1977. I believe that was when I met him in New York City China Town. That was at Full-contact match, which was held in New York City.

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Jeff, I met your Sifu back in 1977. I believe that was when I met him in New York City China Town. That was at Full-contact match, which was held in New York City.

Yes, that was shortly after he arrived here from Hong Kong. He speaks highly of your sifu and credits him for making the transition here in the US a lot easier. I actually read at another forum a guy in the UK that claims to be a Grandmaster of Fu Jow Pai. I know that Grandmaster Wai Hong is the only known GM, but this guy claimed he's a training brother of GM Wai Hong.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Jeff. No actually he is claiming to be the only true Grand master of the World Fu Jow Pai Federation. He calls himself a Soke and I do believe that is a Karate Title. What he teaches is a form of karate, he has made a lot of money using the Fu Jow Pai name. I was interviewed by the Martial Arts Magazine in Greece and he told his students you see he is my kung fu brother. He even mentioned me by name, I was actually speaking about my real brother. If you follow this link you will be able to read about this guy.

http://www.schoolonmountaintigerclaw.com/charlatans.htm

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Jeff. No actually he is claiming to be the only true Grand master of the World Fu Jow Pai Federation. He calls himself a Soke and I do believe that is a Karate Title. What he teaches is a form of karate, he has made a lot of money using the Fu Jow Pai name. I was interviewed by the Martial Arts Magazine in Greece and he told his students you see he is my kung fu brother. He even mentioned me by name, I was actually speaking about my real brother. If you follow this link you will be able to read about this guy.

http://www.schoolonmountaintigerclaw.com/charlatans.htm

Ahhh ok, I didn't know that. What some people will do to try and cash in on the public being un-educated about chinese martial arts.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ahhh ok, I didn't know that. What some people will do to try and cash in on the public being un-educated about hinese martial arts.
Greeting and salutations Jeff. I am here because of that reason-those so called Fu Jow Pai Grand masters. It was easy when the internet didn't exist, however with todays modern technology it is not so easy to lie and make false claims. Grand Master Wai Hong was the first to promote Full Contact tournaments with no holds barred. This took place in New York City's China Town back in 1971.

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
I did not know that about the full contact tournaments. I know that Fu Jow Pai has always been known for it's fighting though. I've heard a lot of how FJP dominated fighting events.

Jeff:)

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I did not know that about the full contact tournaments. I know that Fu Jow Pai has always been known for it's fighting though. I've heard a lot of how FJP dominated fighting events.

Jeff:)
Greetings and salutations jeff. We even had a death match back in the 70's. A Sifu from another system came from Hong Kong and challenge Grand master Wai Hong ng. This was when we were located at 145 Canal Street in front of the Brooklyn Bridge in China Town in New York City.

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow! I've never heard about that match. I've heard thing's but I don't know how true they are or if I should post them in an open forum?!?!

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow! I've never heard about that match. I've heard thing's but I don't know how true they are or if I should post them in an open forum?!?!

Greetings and salutations Jeff. I thought you would be able to appreciate this. Any fool can throw a punch. It takes an intelligent fighter to hit his target with precision and accuracy. An intelligent fighter will always deflect an attack, or protect him or herself from an attack. If a fighter gets angry, they have lost the fight. One should always remain relaxed and concentrated on the fight at hand. A true Kung-Fu artist makes the opposition lose their cool, not the other way around.

windwalker

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations jeff. We even had a death match back in the 70's. A Sifu from another system came from Hong Kong and challenge Grand master Wai Hong ng. This was when we were located at 145 Canal Street in front of the Brooklyn Bridge in China Town in New York City.

What was the result of the match? Did anyone die?

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Jeff. I thought you would be able to appreciate this. Any fool can throw a punch. It takes an intelligent fighter to hit his target with precision and accuracy. An intelligent fighter will always deflect an attack, or protect him or herself from an attack. If a fighter gets angry, they have lost the fight. One should always remain relaxed and concentrated on the fight at hand. A true Kung-Fu artist makes the opposition lose their cool, not the other way around.

Agreed!

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Marry Christmas and a very Happy 2007 to all of Martial Talk Forum

From Black Tiger 1

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations, I like to thank all Martial Talk Member and visitors, who visit my site. If you like my site or any of the International Fu Jow Pai Federation sites let us know. And if you would like to know if there is kwoon in your area let us know.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greeting and salutations to all who enter, I just got back from Athens Greece. Where I had a grand old time, I was taken everywhere in the surrounding area of Athens. Was reunited with a few people, I need to see. I can gladly say this trip was fantastic. I am looking forward to my return soon. At any rate just posting to let all know, I am back.

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greeting and salutations to all who enter, I just got back from Athens Greece. Where I had a grand old time, I was taken everywhere in the surrounding area of Athens. Was reunited with a few people, I need to see. I can gladly say this trip was fantastic. I am looking forward to my return soon. At any rate just posting to let all know, I am back.

Welcome Back My Friend!!!

Glad to see all went well and you're doing well.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Jeff, how are you? Are you still in Miami? If you are please send me and email. Chat with you soon and it is really good to hear from you.

Latest Discussions