Fu Jow Pai

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all who are interested. I am a Sifu in the Fu jow Pai ( Tiger Claw Family) under Grand Master Wai Hong Ng the only Grand Master of the System. I teach in New York City, Florida and in Greece. Anyone with questions about the Fu Jow Pai Famliy or the system may ask questions and I will give answers. I realize there are a lot of charlatans proclaiming they are the Grand master of the Fu Jow Pai Family. Before there were computers or internet, the Charlatans were able to get rich off people or students who didn't know any better. However this is changing for the better and we the board members and the executive branch are putting out the word of who we are and who the charlatans are. So you can be aware of false so called practitioners.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all who are interested. I am a Sifu in the Fu jow Pai ( Tiger Claw Family) under Grand Master Wai Hong Ng the only Grand Master of the System. I teach in New York City, Florida and in Greece. Anyone with questions about the Fu Jow Pai Famliy or the system may ask questions and I will give answers. I realize there are a lot of charlatans proclaiming they are the Grand master of the Fu Jow Pai Family. Before there were computers or internet, the Charlatans were able to get rich off people or students who didn't know any better. However this is changing for the better and we the board members and the executive branch are putting out the word of who we are and who the charlatans are. So you can be aware of false so called practitioners.
Good luck in your endeavors to "clean up the garbage", and welcome to M.T...
Your system intrigues me, how about a thread somewhere elaborating on it?

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am replying to a request about the Fu Jow Pai System and ask all who are reading this to remember that all arts of self-defense are good and there is no one art better than the other. You get from a seed good fruits if you give it love and nourishment and the seeds you abandon will not bear fruits. All I am doing is giving a warning to those who have no idea of who can teach Fu Jow Pai and with so many people laying claim to our system it is only fair we shed light on our system.

Fu Jow Pai (Tiger Claw System ) is a kung fu System developed by the Chinese, based on the characteristics of an attacking tiger. Originally called "Hark Fu Mon”, Black Tiger Branch of Shaolin Temple, its name was changed to Fu Jow Pai by the Late Grandmaster Wong Bil Hung. Training in this style of martial arts can cultivate an individual’s mental, physical, psychological, ethical and spiritual capabilities. Although Fu Jow Pai Kung Fu training requires a reasonable amount of time to learn and develop proficiency, once obtained it can prove to be a most effective method of self-defense. In addition, this form of training can improve one’s health, build confidence and increase one’s appreciation of oriental culture. The federations curriculum is a most unique kung fu program. The student begins with the general physical development and progresses into traditional, prearranged form training which simulates offensive and defensive techiques.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fu Jow Pai ( Tiger Claw System ) is a kung fu System developed by the Chinese, based on the characteristics of an attacking tiger. Originally called Hark Fu Mon”, Black Tiger Branch of Shaolin Temple, its name was changed to Fu Jow Pai by the Late Grandmaster Wong Bil Hung. Training in this style of martial arts can cultivate an individual’s mental, physical, psychological, ethical and spiritual capabilities. Although Fu Jow Pai Kung Fu training requires a reasonable amount of time to learn and develop proficiency, once obtained it can prove to be a most effective method of self-defense. In addition, this form of training can improve one’s health, build confidence and increase one’s appreciation of oriental culture. The federations curriculum is a most unique kung fu program. The student begins with the general physical development and prograsses into traditional, prearranged form training which simulates offensive and defensive techiques.
Indeed, that's a good start...
Keep the basic info. rolling, bub

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for the info.

First I will say I know little about Fu Jow Pai, but I have heard that Fu Jow Pai get fairly involved in a type of iron palm training for the fingers, is this true?

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations Xue Sheng. The answer is yes we do train our students in the iron hand, however only those students who are advanced in our system and responsible enough can learn if they wish to, for it is not for everyone.
Welcome and thank you for the info.

First I will say I know little about Fu Jow Pai, but I have heard that Fu Jow Pai get fairly involved in a type of iron palm training for the fingers, is this true?

samson818

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello blacktiger,

Does FuJowPai have a curriculum that you are allowed to share with us?
What are the names of the forms within the system?
Also, is there a list of qualified instructors teaching this system?
I ask because I have seen many different groups teaching their version of Tiger Claw.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Samson818. There are at the moment only eight schools (Kwoon) open in the United States. If you tell me where you are located I can direct you in the right direction. As far as forms we have many forms in Fu Jow Pai. Each instructor needs to know the Hung Gar System before he can begin to learn Fu Jow Pai. Hung Gar prepares you for the Fu Jow Pai Forms which are very hard to do compared to Hung Gar. Please do not think for a minute or believe Hung Gar is not hard; it is a very hard system to learn and do. This is why you need to learn it first; not all that learn Hung Gar can Learn Fu Jow Pai.

Hello blacktiger,

Does FuJowPai have a curriculum that you are allowed to share with us?
What are the names of the forms within the system?
Also, is there a list of qualified instructors teaching this system?
I ask because I have seen many different groups teaching their version of Tiger Claw.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So does Fu Jow Pai then take Hung Gar further? Is it like a more advanced type of training based on Hung Gar principles or movements?

7sm

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations to you 7Starmantis. The answer to your question is yes and no. Hung Gar is based on the five animals. Fu Jow Pai forcuses on the Tiger claw itself.

So does Fu Jow Pai then take Hung Gar further? Is it like a more advanced type of training based on Hung Gar principles or movements?

7sm

samson818

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank very much Blacktiger.
I am located in NYC. Does Sifu Wai Hong currently have a school in Manhattan Chinatown?
I thought Hung Kuen and FuJowPai were very similar, such as stances and flavor?
When you say FuJowPai is harder, do you mean harder to master or the quality of the style is "harder"?
Sorry for all the questions, I was always curious about the style since the name is pretty big on the East coast.

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Flying Crane. Tak Wah Eng is a Sifu in Fu JOw Pai and Paul Koh is a student of Hung Gar. It is known Tak Wah Eng and Paul Koh are friends and Koh is not his real name. He wants people to think he is chinese so he changed it to Koh. Yes they are both from New York City in the lower part of Manhattan.

Are Tak Wah Eng and Paul Koh teachers of Fu Jow Pai in New York? I have heard that they are...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Flying Crane. Tak Wah Eng is a Sifu in Fu JOw Pai and Paul Koh is a student of Hung Gar. It is known Tak Wah Eng and Paul Koh are friends and Koh is not his real name. He wants people to think he is chinese so he changed it to Koh. Yes they are both from New York City in the lower part of Manhattan.

Yes, I knew Paul is a Hung Gar guy, but I thought he studied Fu Jow Pai under Tak Wah Eng and is now teaching it as well. His website, I believe, indicates it anyway.

I thought his Chinese name was Bo Law, given to him by his Hung Gar teacher. I didn't know Koh was not his real name, and I am aware that he is not Chinese.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That would be relative to opinion.
Sean

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Flying Crane. Paul did learn Hung Gar from my Kung Fu brother Anthony but not enough to be a sifu, from what I understand he was asked to leave because his cup was too full. You have made an assumption Paul learned from Tak Wah Eng and I just had a conversation with Tak Wah Eng in October and I did ask him if he did teach Paul and his answer to me was no. As to Paul's website anyone can make a website.

Yes, I knew Paul is a Hung Gar guy, but I thought he studied Fu Jow Pai under Tak Wah Eng and is now teaching it as well. His website, I believe, indicates it anyway.

I thought his Chinese name was Bo Law, given to him by his Hung Gar teacher. I didn't know Koh was not his real name, and I am aware that he is not Chinese.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Flying Crane. Paul did learn Hung Gar from my Kung Fu brother Anthony but not enough to be a sifu, from what I understand he was asked to leave because his cup was too full. You have made an assumption Paul learned from Tak Wah Eng and I just had a conversation with Tak Wah Eng in October and I did ask him if he did teach Paul and his answer to me was no. As to Paul's website anyone can make a website.

I was aware that Paul had some sort of falling out with his Hung Gar teacher. I understood that it happened after Paul had been granted Sifu status. I had dated a woman for a couple years who had trained under him, and my knowledge of the situation is only thru what I heard from her. I have never met Paul, or Anthony, or Tak Wah Eng myself. I am not surprised to hear that there is another side of the story. That always seems to be the way it is. Everyone has their story...

OP
BlackTiger1

BlackTiger1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations Samson818. Grand Master Wai Hong is only teaching student who are advance in our system, so I know he will not take on anyone new. You can go here 131 west 72nd Street to study the system. here is a link to the kwoon Wai Sing Kwoon - Tiger Claw Kung Fu
Thank very much Blacktiger.
I am located in NYC. Does Sifu Wai Hong currently have a school in Manhattan Chinatown?
I thought Hung Kuen and FuJowPai were very similar, such as stances and flavor?
When you say FuJowPai is harder, do you mean harder to master or the quality of the style is "harder"?
Sorry for all the questions, I was always curious about the style since the name is pretty big on the East coast.

samson818

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much Blacktiger.
It's sad to see so much politics with any system.
Let's not promote hearsay and keep on learning more about this system.

Are there special methods to train the tiger claw in FuJowPai?
Fingertip pushups, jar grab....?

I'm really interested in understanding the main differences between Hung Gar and FuJow since most Wong Moon Toy studied both systems.

Thanks for any info.