Lifetime Supporting Member
- Aug 4, 2001
- Reaction score
- Land of the Free
This is an excellent resource for those seeking mooe information.KOREAN MARTIAL ARTS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Korean Martial Arts (KMA)
Version: 1.39 Date: 13 January 2002
Brought to you by the Martial Arts Resource
(http://MartialArtsResource.com) and California Taekwondo, Hapkido and Eskrima
Ray Terry, P.O. Box 110841, Campbell, CA 95011-0841
This FAQ was created to be informative. There are no
intentions for it to be offensive to any style or person.
This FAQ is a compilation of information acquired over the years from
various sources, but it is FAR from complete. Any corrections or additions
that are submitted will be carefully considered. Send them to address
and include "KMA FAQ INFO" as the subject heading.
* TABLE OF CONTENTS
* 1 - Introduction
* 2 - What is a martial art?
* 3 - How do I choose a school?
* 4 - Should children study martial arts?
* 5 - Belief systems
* 6 - Rankings/Color belt systems
* 7 - Korean martial arts glossary
* 8 - Bibliography
* 9 - Sources of electronic information
* 10 - Sources of equipment and material
* 11 - Different Korean arts and styles
* 12 - TaeKwonDo Olympic sparring rules
* 13 - Brief History of Korea
* 14 - Korean Martial Arts Organizations
* 15 - The people that made this FAQ possible