Forum on here for meetups and fights?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One can avoid a lot of problems if he/she doesn't eat meat.

Eating meat: links to chronic disease might be related to amino acids – new findings

Meat-rich diets are linked to a range of health problems, from heart disease and strokes to type two diabetes and some cancers. People who eat diets high in meat have also been found to live shorter lives.

As soon as food is mentioned there's always a 'warrior' vegetarian telling us how we should eat. I think along with politics and religion being banned from discussion, vegetarianism should also be banned from being preached at us.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One can avoid a lot of problems if he/she doesn't eat meat.

Eating meat: links to chronic disease might be related to amino acids – new findings

Meat-rich diets are linked to a range of health problems, from heart disease and strokes to type two diabetes and some cancers. People who eat diets high in meat have also been found to live shorter lives.
To be fair, that is a very biased and rather empty Yahoo article.
Try this one which is from a health related site and it quite unbiased:
Meat Good or Bad?

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As soon as food is mentioned there's always a 'warrior' vegetarian telling us how we should eat. I think along with politics and religion being banned from discussion, vegetarianism should also be banned from being preached at us.

The problem with all this veggy vegan preaching is, they dont understand they are part of the problem, look what intensive farming has done to California's water, producing Almonds, Advacado, and soya beans etc, Its scary, just recently I saw whatbintensive farming has done to Borneo, the forest replaced by palm oil trees, theres no bird or animal noise anymore. I agree with the everything in moderation quote, love vegm love fish, and love a steak texas style, cut the horns off, wipe its butt, put it on a plate, with chips, onion rings, stilton, fresh salad, garlic mushrooms, feck it, off to the kitchen.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is one of the 'hot button' topics, like the Keto diet is right now. Give it a year and it will change. @Dirty Dog said it best when he said (paraphrasing) "all things in moderation".

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The problem with all this veggy vegan preaching is, they dont understand they are part of the problem, look what intensive farming has done to California's water, producing Almonds, Advacado, and soya beans etc, Its scary, just recently I saw whatbintensive farming has done to Borneo, the forest replaced by palm oil trees, theres no bird or animal noise anymore. I agree with the everything in moderation quote, love vegm love fish, and love a steak texas style, cut the horns off, wipe its butt, put it on a plate, with chips, onion rings, stilton, fresh salad, garlic mushrooms, feck it, off to the kitchen.
I do not know if you read the article I included in a recent post. It greatly emphasized how the way red meat is cooked can lead to health hazards often associated with the meat itself. Over cooking or cooking too hot is very bad.
I suspect Burger king figured this out some time ago and saw the writing on the will. They added the 'meatless' burger (Yuk!) and you seldom hear them advocating their Flame Grilled burgers.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not know if you read the article I included in a recent post. It greatly emphasized how the way red meat is cooked can lead to health hazards often associated with the meat itself. Over cooking or cooking too hot is very bad.
I suspect Burger king figured this out some time ago and saw the writing on the will. They added the 'meatless' burger (Yuk!) and you seldom hear them advocating their Flame Grilled burgers.

I don't really cook red meat, much prefer it just about raw. I don't eat pork at all ever just beef, lamb, venison and sometimes goat ( in Gurkhas dishes, we have a Gurkha takeaway down on the Garrison, it's lush)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't really cook red meat, much prefer it just about raw. I don't eat pork at all ever just beef, lamb, venison and sometimes goat ( in Gurkhas dishes, we have a Gurkha takeaway down on the Garrison, it's lush)
I am guilty of eating processed pork (breakfast meats). Processed meats is where much of the "problem" lies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am guilty of eating processed pork (breakfast meats). Processed meats is where much of the "problem" lies.

I eat kosher so no bacon lol. I can't eat corned beef either but that's a psychological thing, when I was a child the city I was in had a typhoid epidemic due to corned beef, can't face it now.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Yes I read it, but I dont over cook anything other than a good stew, or meats that require a good 3 hours or so, same with veg, hasvto have bite, and not stoggy. Meat free whats the point, just have a very good veggie or bean burger, I read recently about a product by Quorn, the meat replacement is a fusarium mould, fermented in water, until it forms a meat texture, and can give some people stomach problems. No thanks.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is it possible to forgo eating meat and just drink whey protein shakes?

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I eat kosher so no bacon lol. I can't eat corned beef either but that's a psychological thing, when I was a child the city I was in had a typhoid epidemic due to corned beef, can't face it now.

No Bacon, poor tez, bacon is the only known cure for vegitarianism. Well bacon and HP sauce in a butty is, do you guts up there, still make peese pudding?

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
No Bacon, poor tez, bacon is the only known cure for vegitarianism. Well bacon and HP sauce in a butty is, do you guts up there, still make peese pudding?
Bacon in caesar salad is GOAT

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They do have pease pudding, and Yorkshire puddings ( one big one at the start of the meal, covered in gravy, quite a shock if like me you were used to small ones with the roast!)
I don't have bacon butties but do have egg banjos, staple food of the military lol.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
They do have pease pudding, and Yorkshire puddings ( one big one at the start of the meal, covered in gravy, quite a shock if like me you were used to small ones with the roast!)
I don't have bacon butties but do have egg banjos, staple food of the military lol.
When I lived in Cheltenham I loved having loin of pork with yorkshire puddings

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Cheltenham I loved having loin of pork with yorkshire puddings

Cheltenham is a very posh place lol. Up here in Yorkshire we have Yorkshire puddings with most meals, well not me personally, but not just roasts. Yes I've seen them with curries too!

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My family originate from N Yorks and county Durham, my nan used to make pease pudding, I loved it, came back down south, and they only had it in Tesco, nearly puked me ring up it was rank.

OP
Parzival

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Cheltenham is a very posh place lol. Up here in Yorkshire we have Yorkshire puddings with most meals, well not me personally, but not just roasts. Yes I've seen them with curries too!
I guess I was having Cheltenham puddings. Thought is was cool people rode horses on the roads there tho

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ive had a yorkie pud filled with jam and cream once, very nice

Latest Discussions