Ford Says He's Fit To Play Indiana Jones

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Whoo-hoo! Bring 'im on! :D

ROME - Harrison Ford says he feels "fit to continue" to play Indiana Jones despite growing older.

Ford, 64, said at the inaugural Rome Film Festival on Friday that he was delighted to team up again with directors
Steven Spielberg and
George Lucas for the film. Lucas co-wrote and executive produced the earlier films, which Spielberg directed.

"We did three films that stay within the same block of time. We need to move on for artistic reasons and obvious physical reasons," Ford said at a news conference. "I feel fit to continue and bring the same physical action."

"Indiana Jones 4" has been in development for over a decade, but the production has recently gained momentum. Lucas has said he and Spielberg, who would direct, are working on a script, though no details have been disclosed.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade." In the last film, Jones' father was played by
Sean Connery, who Ford said might also appear in the planned fourth feature.

"He's part of the emotional fabric of these films. I think there may be an opportunity, I believe that Sean is still willing and I'd be delighted if he joined us," said Ford.

Connery, who attended the Rome event last week, has said that no offer had been made.

Ford declined to provide details about a shooting schedule or film locations, adding that the directors were not yet finished with the script.

"I think it's a real opportunity to make a film as successful ... as the ones we've made before," he said.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061020/ap_en_ce/people_harrison_ford

Attachments

• $FORD.jpg
    $FORD.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 139

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno Caver...He looks a lttle tired to me...What do you think???

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Number 4?? Loved the origional 3 but not too sure about a fourth.... Big question is: can he still use a whip the way he used to?!

:ultracool :whip1:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Number 4?? Loved the origional 3 but not too sure about a fourth.... Big question is: can he still use a whip the way he used to?!

:ultracool :whip1:

Love the 1st one, HATED the 2nd..The 3rd is my favorite....But a 4th??

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd go watch a 4th, I 'spose.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope the fourth will be more serious and fun like the first. The third was alright. If the fourth becomes anything like the 2nd, I refuse to go watch. The 2nd was.... ummm, it has its good moments, but how the story was handled overall, I hated it.

- Ceicei

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope the fourth will be more serious and fun like the first. The third was alright. If the fourth becomes anything like the 2nd, I refuse to go watch.Ceicei

That makes 2 of us Ceicei..

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I If the fourth becomes anything like the 2nd, I refuse to go watch.
- Ceicei

My reaction was the same as yours and Drac's---the second seemed to fit the Big Letdown pattern of sequels to outstanding first episodes... The only exception that comes to mind right now was the second movie in the `Alien' series built around Sigourney Weaver's character... I found that one even better than the wonderfully horrifying first movie and way, way better than the followups.

Wait, maybe Back To The Future II (and III) was an exception as well... but I'm not sure if those count as sequels, as vs. being, like LoTR, a single story broken into three parts.