Football!!!! It's back!!!

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Watching the Colts/Saints game. I am so psyched football is back. Who do you think will be the top team this year?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is a great question give me the Saints yes that is right Saints Baby.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOOT!

My colleague and I are watching it on the 42" flat screen in our war room :D :D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Watching the Colts/Saints game. I am so psyched football is back. Who do you think will be the top team this year?
Top team this year? Los Angeles Rams. Oh, thats right, they don't live here anymore... I'm still pissed about that.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Top team this year? Los Angeles Rams. Oh, thats right, they don't live here anymore... I'm still pissed about that.
Im gonna say the Bengals will be on top. If we can keep everyone out of jail we will have a really good team this year

B

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lucky - Lucky - Lucky!!!
I have TV envy but the game is on just the same!

Don't be too envious Yeti - we still had to work after all. I'm envious that you got to be at home relaxing :)

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was playing a show last night, so I didn't get to watch the game. I heard it was 41-10 Indy though. New Orleans was great last year, but I don't think it's their time yet.

The Patriots are expected to do even better. One thing that the Patriots kind of lacked was depth in their corps of wide receivers. Now they have Randy Moss, who before going to the Raiders, was considered the best receiver in the game. He's shown a little decline, but with a guy like Brady throwing the ball he should be able to put up some great numbers. Dante Stallworth provides a solid number 2 with good hands and good speed. Wes Welker is a good kick returner. Chad Jackson was taken in, I believe it was the 2nd round last year and is still developing. With the current WR corps, he can only get better with all those mentors. Reche Caldwell will definitely be looking to put up numbers after dropping that pass against Indianapolis for the AFC Championship. Laurence Maroney is in his second year and although he no longer has Dillon as a mentor on the team. Maroney at running back will only be really good or really bad. Their defense was great last year, their offense was good enough last year and now has all these weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if they do good this year.

I'm a San Diego guy, born and raised. Of course I'm going to root for my Chargers. We added depth to our Wide Receivers by drafting Craig Davis out of LSU. If everyone stays healthy, and Merriman keeps off the juice, we should go deep into the playoffs again.

I think Denver actually has a good chance this year. Their defense is beastly especially at the linebacker position. They have arguably the best cornerback in the game today. They have Jay Cutler who I still insist was the best quarterback in last year's draft. He was just on a lesser known team than Vince Young (UT) and Matt Leinart (USC). They have excellent depth at the running back position and if you can run the ball and you have a good defense, you're gonna do good. Their WR's are good but not amazing like say The Colts' corps, they do have a former colt on their roster with Brandon Stokely. I really liked what he did in Indy.

Lastly, you can't count out the super bowl champion Colts. Their offense is amazing. Peyton Manning, one of the, if not the best QB in the game. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, any team would be lucky to have ONE of these guys. Indy has two. Joseph Addai had a great season last year, and I think he's just gonna be great this year too.

I didn't mention any NFC teams, because I'd be very surprised if an NFC team wins the super bowl. The AFC has been dominating for a while now, and not many NFC teams can keep up. If I were to choose the Super Bowl game right now, I'd say San Diego and Carolina.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Im gonna say the Bengals will be on top. If we can keep everyone out of jail we will have a really good team this year
B
Oooh..that's a REALLY big if...LOL!!

Don't be too envious Yeti - we still had to work after all. I'm envious that you got to be at home relaxing :)
Well that's true...I guess you win some, you lose some. But let's be honest now....how much work did you really get done with the game on?.....:wink2:

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
All I can say is WHO DEY

Bengals pulled that game out last night. Ravens had 6 turnovers, not a good way to start the season

B

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I now so far the talk has been NFL, but there are some good college games on this weekend. UK vs UL among them. 2 of the top rated QB's in the nation are going head to head. If you can get ESPNU or ESPN classic (i dont know which one) the game is at 7:30EST tomorrow Sat Sept 15th it be a great game. Ill be there bright and early for the tailgating celebrations. GO CATS!!!

B

Latest Discussions