Fok Sau Applications

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now Lets get er burning. I thought this would be a very interesting discussion. I have my views and reasons for using fok sau. But I wanted to know from you how you guys use it. Basically I see if you use it the same way as I or maybe differently. Everyone has different experiences. So I am curious to hear about yours.

Now Of course during Chi Sau you use Fok Sau. But what about actual sparring. Ways I use Fok Sau. Sometimes I use it drag an opponents guard down. If he grabs my wrist after I punched him I roll around and fok sau his grip to release my wrist. I also use fok sau for striking and blocking. Like lets say he does a cross arm grab I release the wrist grab an he is throwing a straight cross with opposite arm. With my fok Sau I bang the punching arm to disrupt his striking energy then I either slide down that arm with a palm strike or if his striking arm drops or retracts I hit him with fok sau fist kinda of like a crane strike. If you do it lightly in the face it will daze your opponent allowing you to go to another technique. I also use fok Sau kinda of like a back hand. Also sometimes if I am fast enough I use it similiar to tie sau or rising block. Its when your arm rises to block a high attack or lift up a attack to your face above your head.

Please share you Experiences or Applications of Fok Sau?

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hubbie uses fuk sau to "strike" the bicep on say, a hook punch as you step in forward.

Fuk sau the neck for neck throws, or knee strike to head.

Fuk sau for latching the arm, like you said off arm grabs and even off straight punch. Very handy especially if they like to "punch and run" backwards, brings them back to you as you step in.

Fuk sua the solar plexes, under the jaw, the temple. etc.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very interesting stuff...You guys have to make videos of this stuff soon. Great info...get a youtube channel it would great to see it...

Hubbie uses fuk sau to "strike" the bicep on say, a hook punch as you step in forward.

Fuk sau the neck for neck throws, or knee strike to head.

Fuk sau for latching the arm, like you said off arm grabs and even off straight punch. Very handy especially if they like to "punch and run" backwards, brings them back to you as you step in.

Fuk sua the solar plexes, under the jaw, the temple. etc.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a youtube account, and good news! We got a memory card for the camera. So,... next saturday I can hopefully take some good videos of classtime.