FMAT: Interesting article... MY EXCERPT TO FOLLOW

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Interesting article... MY EXCERPT TO FOLLOW
By Kailat - Wed, 30 Apr 2008 02:33:01 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

MUNCIE &#8211; Nearly 12 hours after police arrested suspects connected to an armed robbery at a local convenience store, authorities were searching for someone fitting the description on a second armed robber Tuesday afternoon. A woman called police around 1:05 p.m. to report she had just been robbed at gunpoint near 5th and Ebright streets.

The victim was walking home from work when the suspect approached her, pointed a gun to her side and demanded money and everything she had, according to Sgt. Terry Winters of the Muncie Police Department.
After handing over her possessions, the woman ran and called police from her cell phone.

The suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Thanks to a good description, Delaware County authorities were able to catch the suspect only three blocks away from the robbery scene.

Sgt. Winters says the victim positively identified the suspect, later determined to be a 16-year-old boy.

Authorities retrieved a handgun from the suspect during the arrest.

The teen was still being processed at the Delaware County Jail around 4 p.m.

Sgt. Winters says he&#8217;ll likely be turned over to juvenile detention.

In the convenience store robbery earlier today, police arrested two men minutes after the incident on the city&#8217;s southwest side.

A gunman wearing a black hooded sweatshirt walked into the Gas America pantry at 1900 S. Tillotson Ave., around 1:10 a.m. and demanded cash. He fled on foot with an apparent accomplice.

Arrested in that robbery were John Borson Jr., 26, 305 N. Pershing Drive, and Robert McIntyre, 23, 2800 W. Memorial Drive.

The latest robbery is the third in the past three days.

On Sunday, a man armed with a beer bottle entered the Village Pantry at 3300 S. Madison St. around 4 a.m. and made off with cash.

The suspect was described as a white male, about 5-feet-6-inches tall, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.

No immediate arrest was made in that case.

>>> this article caught my attention.. as most of us in the martial arts train disarms or some form of tactical evasion from this exact same very form of foulplay! Do you think this individual would of done the same form of hold up had it been a male? Or someone of less an easy target? Hard to say in my opinion.. but to be done in broad daylight.. I'd say he was very hard up for some cash!!!

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed