FMAT: Have you ever just wanted to quit?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Have you ever just wanted to quit?
By Kailat - Fri, 09 May 2008 14:46:13 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Has anyone ever just wanted to quit training? Just stop and throw in the towell and give it all up?

What has kept you rolling? What was your out?

Considering the times:

* Not enough time to just really put your whole 100% into training.
* Family, Jobs, Relationships, Friends, take or want to take up valuable
training dates and times.
* cost of travel expenses, FUEL, LODGING, FOOD, seminar pricing, training equipment etc...
* student retention, or personal funding etc..

With this being said i've had some students, friends, and aquaintences as well as myself from time to time just wanna give up learning and advancing in the arts due to the many reason stated above. How do u help them overcome this low times? I personally get several training dates within the police dept and other things and allow myself 2 and no more than 3 personal seminars within a year. So i have to pick and choose them wisely. As usually its not that easy for me to make many of weekend training seminars with out plenty of advanced notice, to A) save, B) plan C) prep D) announce.

My personal life usually gets in the way of alot if not probably 90% of my training and advancement any more... I truley envy those that can travel and expense , afford the wonderful trips and training cost of today with all the high prices of everything else.

But I personally don't let alot of that get in my way as much as it used to. When I was younger, (NON-PARENT) with no dependants to worry about and my time was my time and not my JOBS, MY CHILDS, my GirlFriends, wife etc..

So anyway to finish this out, I was just hoping and or curious if anyone else has stood the test of time with alot of the same issues and how you overcome them or helped others overcome them?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions