FMAT: Folder with Guard?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Folder with Guard?
By arnisador - Thu, 05 Oct 2006 03:11:11 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I'm looking for a folder that has some type of protection against my hand running up the blade on a stab. A guard or good, deep finger grips or a kerambit-like finger ring, or what-have-you. Everything I have now, except the folding kermabit and, to a lesser extent, the Gunting, have this liability. Any suggestions?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The CRKT Special Forces would fit that bill nicely. Good knives and a good price.

Jeff

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The CRKT Special Forces would fit that bill nicely. Good knives and a good price.

Jeff

Yes I am with Jeff on this as the CRKT line is very nice and at a reasonable price.
icon14.gif
(I am going to get another one in the next week)
icon10.gif

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another one that might suit you is the Kershaw Steven Segal. It doesn't have quillions, but the shape of it does a great job of reducing the possibility of you fingers slipping up on the blade. It is pricier though. It also lends itself well to a reverse grip and is much more comfortable and ergonomic than the CRKT. Plus I think the blade steel is better. At least it's easier to get a really good edge on.

Jeff

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Give the Crawford Kasper (also by CRKT) a try too. Just got one a couple of weeks ago and it's a great knife!

Jeff

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have the M16SF, and really like it. I thought the guard would be problematic when the knife was closed, but that's not the case at all. Even better, the clip can be placed in one of four different positions to allow for a variety of carry options. Finally, I really like that it has the Lake and Walker Knife Safety (LAWKS) system.

Cthulhu

Latest Discussions