FMAT: Do you practice a bastardized FMA?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Do you practice a bastardized FMA?
By geezer - Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:27:59 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

OK, here I go again.

I hear people talk a lot about this or that FMA being more "pure" or unadulterated than another, or that they have a "purer lineage" and so on. On the other hand, people tell me that the Philippine culture is incredibly diverse, with over 7,000 islands, fostering innumerable tribes, dialects, customs and, of course, fighting systems... all mixing and contesting. And then there were the influences from Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Spain, the US, Japan... and ultimately the FMA's spreading worldwide. So, all things considered, do you practice a "bastardized" FMA or a "pure" art. And either way, what the heck do you mean?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've played with what friends and family have taught me over the years, as well as teachings from FMA instructors. It's been in a variety of ranges, weapons, etc.

To me, that's about as "pure" as it gets and I wouldn't have it any other way.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, unless there are absolutely no changes whatsoever in the art, then we're all teaching and training in a 'bastardized' version. Even if you have 2 people who train in Remy Presas Modern Arnis, I'd bet that you'd still see 2 different versions.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know I practice a "bastardized" FMA with Chinese and Okinawian influences thrown in

Latest Discussions