FMAT: Teovel`s / Grouped Style: When do you Break Patterns?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Teovel`s / Grouped Style: When do you Break Patterns?
By Mono - Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:18:41 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

This is a question directed to all those who are Teaching some Lineage of the "Grouped" Balintawak of GM Villasin & Velez:

When do you start "Breaking Patterns"?

Do you at first finish teaching all Groups (1-5/6/7...) before breaking down the pre arranged Groups and ist "standardized" Variations into ist Elements and re-combining them or do you breake down each individual Group into ist Elements - using them individually at will - before advancing to the next Group?

Of course, you may also Answer to this Question if you are not teaching but still study Balintawak in one of these Lineages and share with us how your Teacher progresses in teaching you!

My personal Note/Experience:
right now I am "using" different Students to "experiment" with both ways/methods of Progression - teaching on the "Standardized" Variations first, the other by Braking the Patterns and applying more of a "conceptual" Method... So far its interesting to see how they progress.

The "Standart" Student builds Speed a lot faster but tends to "get lost" once a move goes "out of the Pattern;
the "Conceptual" Student has far less Speed but tends to keep the Flow of Defense-Counter a lot better...

I am very much looking forward to any Information!

Yours,
Philipp "Mono" Wolf

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed