FMAT: Another good soul has left us...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Another good soul has left us...
By Nakiko - Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:05:24 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

A classmate and friend went home to meet his maker. He was a great example of the good that Martial Arts can bring.
Aloha,
Nakiko

Crash in West El Paso kills a man
By Daniel Borunda / El Paso Times
Article Launched: 02/16/2008 12:00:00 AM MST

A martial-arts instructor who reached out to underprivileged children died from injuries received Thursday morning when his car crashed in West El Paso.
Hasting Albo, owner and founder of the XEN Martial Arts Academy in Vinton, died late Thursday night at Thomason Hospital, police spokesman Javier Sambrano said Friday. Albo was 37.
About 6:30 a.m. Thursday, Albo, of the 5900 block of Bandolero, was driving a Suzuki Aerio that for unknown reasons left the road and crashed into an unoccupied excavator at a lot in the 1500 block of East Redd Road.
"What we've seen in the past, it is consistent with a fatigued driver or something of that nature," Sambrano said. Neither speed nor alcohol is suspected as a factor in the crash.
Albo, who is of Filipino descent, was born and raised in Hawaii, according to El Paso Times archives. The oldest of seven children, he began learning martial arts at the age of 16 from his grandfather. He moved to El Paso in 1999.
When the former bank manager opened the modest XEN Martial Arts Academy at 7950 Doniphan, he discovered the financial difficulties faced by some of the children in working-class families in the Upper Valley. So he began scholarships for children who could not afford his classes.
"There are some days when my day starts at 4:45 in the morning, and I don't get out until 10 at night," Albo said in a 2004 interview. "We don't make much money, but I love what I do."
Daniel Borunda may be reached at [email protected];

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions