DF: Getting The System, Going's On

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Getting The System, Going's On
By MasterKaliSilat - Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:12:45 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Often people wonder why we call it a system, in Arnis, Kali Eskrima or as I like the term Kali Silat, from the Indonesian influence I had the opportunity to study with a few people in Indonesia, So, if you don't know the answer, you'll need to go back to the beginning.

One of the great experiences I've had was in the beginning, "there are 3 sets of 64 attacks", did I shut up and begin my practice, yeah, in 1972 I met my teacher but it wasn't until about 1983 when I began to see the 3 sets of 64 attacks in Pekiti Tirsia, it was a revilation. We met together in my apartment in NYC, when he walked under my daughter, hiding in the celling, clever she is, still can kick straight up, over her head.

Later, I had the opportunity to meet with many of the representatives of the organized cultural groups and those that taught the security command for the Late President Marcus. I've got some pictures I'm working on to show that historic time in my life. During the time, I remember one cultural event, of a 15 a young man about 13, on stage, take a fresh coconut, with his hand, beat on the husk, rip it open in about 3 minutes and smash the coconut on his forehead to drink the milk. Ever wonder if you can survive, alone?

Wow, there I was in the thicket. I remember one guy getting knocked out, back then there wasn't any gear. So we continue to do it that way, there's a little more control when hitting, but you are welcome to knock me down, or throw me down, and continue to hit me. Oh, and as they suggested when I first visited Doce Pares in 1977. "You could die, we don't want you to die, but you could!", I fully understood, they smiled.

The intensity and power exhibited was great, I only wish I had been studying longer before I went there, so I guess I'm going again sometime around October / November. It's a great experience, but I've found that some people spent lots of time there and still couldn't hold their stick. So I've decided to put together a tournament. Head, hand, elbow, knee pads, cup, headgear, lightweight sticks no skin, take your man out. One rule, you can not kill your opponent.

In the system we believe in only two techniques, know what they are? Give us an email, if you get the right answer, and I'll send you a DVD, but you gotta pay the shipping and handling. Just send me a message here or email me at [email protected].

Well I wonder if I should show the rest of the video from 1986, with Guru Dan shaking his head after the fights, it's now on you tube. Any way I some times I wonder. Did the late Grand Master Peter Urban have the right idea. Promote everyone, share with them all, if you get one student in 10,000, that excells it'll be worth sharing. ( I guess the stats are more like 1 in 2000. ) Anyway let me know if you get the right answer. Warm regards to all our friends, stay:cool:

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed