Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Flaming squirrel ignites car in Bayonne

by N. Clark Judd Thursday October 18, 2007, 7:29 PM
NJ.com
Excerpt:

It's Rocky the Frying Squirrel!
A kamikaze squirrel fell from the sky and detonated a Bayonne woman's car yesterday, police said today.

Lindsey Millar, 23, and her brother, Tony, 22, were both home Wednesday at about 12:45 p.m. when Lindsey's car suddenly started burning outside their 42nd Street home.
Tony Millar said firefighters told them it was the work of a buck-toothed saboteur that had been gnawing on overhead power lines connected to a transformer directly above the 2006 Toyota Camry.
"The squirrel chewed through the wire, was set on fire, fell down directly to where the car was," Tony Millar said. "The squirrel, on fire, slid into the engine compartment and blew up the car.
<<SNIP>>"It's something to laugh about once she has a new car," he said. "It's not funny yet."http://www.nj.com/hudsoncountynow/index.ssf/2007/10/flaming_squirrel_ignites_car_i.html

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I knew it was only a matter of time before Al Quaida started deploying their fanatic rodent suicide squads. Call in the anti-terror cats and dogs fast!

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I knew it was only a matter of time before Al Quaida started deploying their fanatic rodent suicide squads. Call in the anti-terror cats and dogs fast!
Just a few months ago, Iran blamed those maniacal Joos for infiltration by Spy Squirrels.
No, really:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12131243
secret-squirrel.jpg

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As a huge fanboy for squirrels, even the murderous American Greys that have infiltrated our land, I'm very sad whenever I see one demised :(.

I do have to wonder what on earth he was up to tho'.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
From working in Cable TV, the fuzzy little thing was likely having lunch. Apparently the insulation around the cables tastes good to squirrels.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is wrong I know, but I about split a seam laughing when I read this. This sounds like something that would happen to me. Come on now, just think of the conversation with your insurance company. :lfao:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is wrong I know, but I about split a seam laughing when I read this. This sounds like something that would happen to me. Come on now, just think of the conversation with your insurance company. :lfao:
Insurance Agent: "Yes, I know you bought the "Act of God" Coverage, but that only covers burning bushes, not flaming rodents..."

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I tell you there is more to this than meets the eye....how does a burning squirrel just "slide" into the engine compartment?...Something is amiss at the Circle K!

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I tell you there is more to this than meets the eye....how does a burning squirrel just "slide" into the engine compartment?...Something is amiss at the Circle K!
The phrase you are looking for: "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is wrong I know, but I about split a seam laughing when I read this. This sounds like something that would happen to me.
As a fellow Schleprock, I commiserate with your comment.

As a huge fanboy for squirrels, even the murderous American Greys that have infiltrated our land, I'm very sad whenever I see one demised :(.
Sukerkin, I like you. I really do. But get over yourself, dear. They're little rats with fur coats is all. With all the disease and pestilence, destructiveness, manipulative skulduggery ... believe me. They're rodents pure and simple. I know this because my cat drools over the infestation in our neighborhood. If I wanted her to die from diseases from these nasty furry beasties and lower herself to gnaw on their little skulls, I'd free the vixen. Alas, I love her so, hence she remains in her people-cage wont to hunt, rip and kill.

The other mangy feline creatures free to roam the neighborhood can manage the rat - er, squirrel - population.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
'Tree rats' is the name we give them. They are a good source of food and quite tasty in my opinion.

Squirrel stew, squirrel nuggets, fried squirrel, baked squirrel, grilled squirrel, etc ... mmmmm. :)

It's much better to take them out with a headshot with a .22 or even a pellet gun so you don't have all the pellets from a shotgun to dig out.

As for diseases, they don't have parasites during the cold season, perfect time to stock up.

Save on the chicken bill, eat tree rats!!