First student and choosing a uniform.

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
New student soon to be my first trainee. I had a talk with her mother about six months ago. She has been entrusted to my training until she is an adult. will arrive at my home on three months. I have prepared a room for her to stay.
And chosen our first uniforms.
Alot's gonna change around here.

Attachments

• 41JdwdANI6L._AC_SX236_SY340_QL65_.jpg
    41JdwdANI6L._AC_SX236_SY340_QL65_.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 71L4cyrgKeL._UY700_.jpg
    71L4cyrgKeL._UY700_.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 166

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
New student soon to be my first trainee. I had a talk with her mother about six months ago. She has been entrusted to my training until she is an adult. will arrive at my home on three months. I have prepared a room for her to stay.
will you be upset if she want's to play soccer and not be a MA.
my dad had great plans for me to be a rugby player like him. I couldn't be doing with it,caused tension for years

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Congrats!

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are things which will be taught whether my children want it or not. just like spirituality, morality, and algebra.

Last edited:

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wait what? So let me get this straight. Some woman has come to you telling you she wants her daughter to learn a Martial Art, and during that time until the girl turns 18 she will live with you in your house? This worries me greatly.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait what? So let me get this straight. Some woman has come to you telling you she wants her daughter to learn a Martial Art, and during that time until the girl turns 18 she will live with you in your house? This worries me greatly.
his wife/ partner is having a baby girl

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
his wife/ partner is having a baby girl

Maybe it was the way it was written, but it sounded more like some random woman had come up to him and basically said "I want my child to learn Martial Arts, so she's all yours. I'll see you in 10 years time".

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Congratulations. A lot won't change; everything will change. Mostly for the better :)

I remember that feeling when my wife told me she was pregnant with our first daughter. I went from happy to this really awkward feeling within about two minutes - all I could think was "wait a minute... I'm going to be someone's father?"

Again, congratulations. My daughters are the love of my life (along with my wife, of course). I'm sure yours will be the love of your life too.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe it was the way it was written, but it sounded more like some random woman had come up to him and basically said "I want my child to learn Martial Arts, so she's all yours. I'll see you in 10 years time".
I think that was the joke, though there are plenty of clues in there. Not least the martial arts dad t-shirt

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
a little satire, reminiscent of a cheesy ninja movie with english voice over.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
well congratulations ! maybe you will have better luck teaching a girl then i have had so far trying to teach my son. he is seven and is convinced everything Dad does is wrong. i dont know where he gets this crazy idea !! but i do suspect my wife is involved somehow.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Say goodbye to sleep. And a home that doesn't always faintly smell of baby-poo and pee.

You'll invest in a lot of coffee and air fresheners.

...and clean shirts because you WILL be urped on.

But congratulations anyway. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
lklawson said:
Say goodbye to sleep. And a home that doesn't always faintly smell of baby-poo and pee.

You'll invest in a lot of coffee and air fresheners.

...and clean shirts because you WILL be urped on.

Wait a minute, are you talking about babies or going to a college frat house? :)

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait a minute, are you talking about babies or going to a college frat house? :)
Big difference. In a Frat, when you're done with your date, you can dump her and move on with your life. A baby your stuck being peed on regularly for years.

Unless you like that out of a date. Not judging. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions