first post

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
paulgalactic said:
spirit of the cheetah. I was useing my 2nd butterfly knife. and like most of the time I felt as if i was exactly where i should be. I had been feeling the knife point make contact while i fallowed the natural flow of the knife for awhile now and had realized the it was alot like accupuncture. ( minus the actual puncture) I noticed that when i'd drop the knife it would land in one of a few possitions. (two 90 degree angles. one 90 and two 45<-- also would stick in the floor alot and a couple other common) when i'd pick it up sometimes it'd be in a continued motion other times i'd use my mind and miss the flow. The best thing happened...the knife flew from my right hand stabbing my left foot...it was ment to.

Paul, you're not going to know how effective your techniques are without the proper training. How do you know if you're using the knife correctly?

You're also dropping your knife and getting stabbed on the foot? You are definitely doing something wrong. Please stop playing with blades and seek proper instruction before you hurt yourself even more!

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I honestly think Paul would be turned away by most of the knife teachers I know if he tells them how he has been learning from the spirit of Cheetah.

To be blunt, I think that Paul should seek out a therapist and find out how he sounds to other people when he talks like that. A therapist can help him to understand how he appears to others and help correct the impression he gives.

But if I were thinking of him as a student and saw what was posted here, I would refuse him.

Again, if you are not aware of how your communications appear to others, you need to get to a trained professional who can point out these things from an outside perspective.

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Absolutely right, Don-

He needs to see a therapist - I don't know of any martial arts teacher who would consider taking on a pupil who talks to spirits of Cheetahs and God knows what else...

I think we've done all we can here. If he thinks the blade was meant to stab him in the foot (bad, bad Cheetah), then so be it...:idunno:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
paulgalactic said:
i'm now to the site, as well as the art. i have been actively practicing for 7 months now. I have no belt, I have no teacher. i have che. and I've met Che, I have also gained knoledge from 5 animal spirits; the butterfly, dragonfly,owl,cheetah,dog(sibieran huskey). I'm considering going to the shao-lin temple to train (in phoenix) yet i'm a lil discouraged in that i sent them an email introducing myself and asking if there was a way to counter the expence of school. I asked for a job because i want to eventually make the art my livelyhood. I've been given a gift from Che, and through the dragonfly, an invention, a wepon. i offered to share it with the temple even though i have yet to file for patent. I speak the truth I am a dragonlibra. I joined Martial art talk. because i'm trying to decide where i will train outside of my moms house. I'm considerind jeet kune do, ninjitsu, and also the shao-lin temple still. I would go anywhere in the world if i believed that is where i should train and had a sponsor. I think many schools are like universities they have knoledge but money becomes more important then the art and spirituallity. I don't want a free ride just some help. I have a job and will pay to study somewhere in town but Where?????????????
hey paulgalactic :) I gotta just come right out and ask what I am thinking as I read this.. is this thread a wind-up.. ya know.. Punk'd? Candid Camera? Are we dupes to your delusions? Are you a REAL person or yet another phantom on the forum? I am genuinely interested to know.. if you had mentioned the X-Kan or any of the venerable arts sadly nowadays subjected to sniping and mockery then I would not have given your thread a second notice as it seems there are many ninja phantoms here already .. but paulgalactic.. you seem so genuine.. What say ye? Real person or are you simply a delusion of an addled mind?

Thank you :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
P

paulgalactic

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am Genuine. The fact of the matter is I wouldn't be turned away by most schools because I am humble. And the truth is most schools try to get anyone in the door that has the funding to pay for it. Again I am starting official class this week. This doesn't change anything that has happened in my life to date.

"There comes a time within everyone to close their eyes to what&#8217;s real."-Phil Anselmo

Not Everyone^ I Think I have been clear about my Training plan. I Have taken much advice From The people here at martial Talk. I have also stated that wish to tell my story here. Everyone who read the Amityville Horror didn't believe it to be true nor do I expect most people to take my story at face value. Time will tell.

I DO NOT PLAY WITH WEPONS. I learn from them. I am not CARELESS Nor will I ever take a soft shoe step approach into the Art of Fighting/Self Defense.

How hard is it to pick apart a story that is out of the everyday norm? I will not hold back As I continue to share my story. Altruism does not mix well with mockery and isn&#8216;t necessary. Would one Advise me not to continue Knowing the next three Months events to date are equally Fascinating ? Of course not because for the condescending its great comic relief and most who relate would rather not be involved--it could affect ones reputation . I ask for the benefit of the doubt I don&#8217;t expect it. Say What you will I Shall continue.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
paulgalactic said:
I am Genuine. The fact of the matter is I wouldn't be turned away by most schools because I am humble. And the truth is most schools try to get anyone in the door that has the funding to pay for it. Again I am starting official class this week. This doesn't change anything that has happened in my life to date.

"There comes a time within everyone to close their eyes to what’s real."-Phil Anselmo

Not Everyone^ I Think I have been clear about my Training plan. I Have taken much advice From The people here at martial Talk. I have also stated that wish to tell my story here. Everyone who read the Amityville Horror didn't believe it to be true nor do I expect most people to take my story at face value. Time will tell.

I DO NOT PLAY WITH WEPONS. I learn from them. I am not CARELESS Nor will I ever take a soft shoe step approach into the Art of Fighting/Self Defense.

How hard is it to pick apart a story that is out of the everyday norm? I will not hold back As I continue to share my story. Altruism does not mix well with mockery and isn‘t necessary. Would one Advise me not to continue Knowing the next three Months events to date are equally Fascinating ? Of course not because for the condescending its great comic relief and most who relate would rather not be involved--it could affect ones reputation . I ask for the benefit of the doubt I don’t expect it. Say What you will I Shall continue.
Hey paulgalactic :) thank you for your reply and maybe you would spare the time please to reply to three simple questions the answers to which would interest me.. particularly light of your sincerity.. :)
> what sort of student will you make?
> what is your attitude or mindset to learning in your chosen martial art?
> what or how will you benefit from studying and practicing a martial art?

Thank you :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
paulgalactic, if your your spirit teachers makes you stab yourself in the foot I think you should seriously reconsider your whole approach or stick with the cotton balls. Few human instructors would admit a student who showed up with a bandaged foot and a story like that.

OP
P

paulgalactic

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Jenna Thank you for reading my account and not focusing on things ou of content. To answer your question I am a hungry student. My mindset is I want to learn what is taught so that i can overcome it. I will get the oportunity to spar, I want to fight, and promote my invention. What you have read is not spoken in class, I am a sponge.

Latest Discussions