First Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha Seminar (50th Anniversary)

Jedmus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone on here will be attending the 50th Anniversary of Rhee Ki Ha arriving in the U.K? This will be held on 2nd July as that's when he arrived here 50 years ago.

If you're not sure who he is, he was the first person to be promoted to 9th Degree by our Founder and now has the name First Grand Master Rhee (FGMR) because of this and he also is the father of British TaeKwon-Do and Irish TaeKwon-Do. The seminar is being held in Coventry, where he first started in the U.K and costs £30

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
as an ex ITF/UTAW person I know very well who he is - I never met him or was at a seminar he was at though :(

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
I train in Tai Ji Juan, Longfist and Ancestral White Crane with YMAA :) - I still practice my ITF kicks a lot, though my hips ain't what they used to be :p

OP
J

Jedmus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
awesome! I trained in White Crane for a while but didn't have the time to get to both Tai Ji Juan and Taekwondo classes due to work commitments, great to hear that you're still practicing your kicks though! :)

martinharvey

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to the seminar
It will be an occasion to remember.
I graded under FGM Rhee from 10th kup to 1st kup back in the 1970's
It will be nice to train under him again.
I'm still doing TKD and am in the UITF under Grand Master Hwang Kwang Sung

OP
J

Jedmus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
@martinharvey It's really good to hear people are willing to travel to this seminar! I can't imagine how much of an honour it would have been to be trained under FGM Rhee

kmorrisonnyc

White Belt
Reaction score
as an ex ITF/UTAW person I know very well who he is - I never met him or was at a seminar he was at though :(

The seminar is open to anyone that practiced TaeKwon-Do over the past 50 years so this might be your chance... ;) There are details on Facebook at: FGMR

I've had the honor of training with FGMR a number of times over the years and would strongly recommend it for any TaeKwon-Do practitioner, regardless of style!

Latest Discussions