Financial planning

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Shana,

Thanks for your kind words. The Divorce was years ago, and it was just a point of reference. :) I am much better now. ** twitch ** Honest. ;)

I actually have lost a serious GF or two with the comment about two accounts or three.

I argue for two accounts. I will pay for the things that are in my name or our names. (* I do not expect women to be in the same career and to make as much as me. If they do then that is a bonus not an expectation. *) The reason for two accounts I say is that I do not want to know how much she spends on shoes. And I am sure she does not care how much I spend on Lead be it miniatures or bullets or aluminum knives or what have you. ;) :)

I would not expect to get any money back. If I do then I would use in some trip I take this year. Be it to Florida to see my parents or on my bike later in the summer. :)

heh...I compleeeetly *twitch* understand!:D:wink:

As for the two versus three..it's really what works best for each couple. I like the three accounts because each person has thier own seperate accounts, etc. But I'm happy for you that you can afford to shoulder all the financial burden. Personally, I don't think that's fair to you (the sole burden bearer)....but again...it's really a matter of coming to an arrangement all parties can agree to.

In any case...let's see what congress decides to do on these refunds, and hope they make a good decision...or at least a less horrible one....:shrug:

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The old adage couldn't be more true: If you fail to plan you plan to fail.
I read an article a while back, the writer had saved tens of thousands by doing one small thing, never spending 1 dollar bills. Save them in a separate spot, put them in a separate savings account and see, I tried it last year for about 4 months and was up about $4K when I had a problem and had to wipe that savings out...

Latest Discussions