Fight Quest Hapkido

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Same here: I wasn't so much directing that at you, Terry, so much as just putting it out there for any/all readers; general information.

I know was just making stupid converstation.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wasn't preaching to you, honest :D Just stating something the white belts who might pop into this thread in the days and years to come should be aware of.

Man I'm a white belt you know in any other Art I may do. Started Combat Hapkido and it is nice being a white belt again. Nothing like it in the world.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actaully, I hope I can say that myself someday that I got 45 years of MA training behind me :asian: I have a over 30 so I have a way to go yet.

I'm looking forward to 60 that will be a fantastic number.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I liked the episode. Of course, there are some things that I didn't like. What do you want for a reality tv show? I am so glad the writer's strike is finally over...

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know (I) was just making stupid converstation.

Bwaahaaa..Terry..this is the best quote ever..story of my life,man.

Back to the issue at hand..yes..the show was good and bad and hilarious at times.(spin kicks anyone?) However...Did the end "fight" give an accurate representation of how a Hapkidoin would fight? Hmmm..I think it looked like slappy-kicky-happyfuntime. JMHO

Meh..as was said earlier..What can you really expect from an hour-long TV show? If it helps to put some people in the Dojang than it's the best result we can hope for.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bwaahaaa..Terry..this is the best quote ever..story of my life,man.

Back to the issue at hand..yes..the show was good and bad and hilarious at times.(spin kicks anyone?) However...Did the end "fight" give an accurate representation of how a Hapkidoin would fight? Hmmm..I think it looked like slappy-kicky-happyfuntime. JMHO

Meh..as was said earlier..What can you really expect from an hour-long TV show? If it helps to put some people in the Dojang than it's the best result we can hope for.

The the first spin kick the Fight Quest guy tried reminded me of Napolean Dynamite's brother having a go at Rex (Kwan Do). I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He did get much better at it.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought one of the coolest parts was when the student sat indian style, pushed his body off the floor with his hands and then went into a hand stand. I would love to have that kind of core strength and balance.
And all the techniques were pretty cool too I guess... :D

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The the first spin kick the Fight Quest guy tried reminded me of Napolean Dynamite's brother having a go at Rex (Kwan Do). I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He did get much better at it.

"Not bad,not bad."

To be honest it looked exactly like my first few attempts at a spin kick...I almost did a faceplant,and I'm really not that much better now. LOL

He seemed to "find his flow" with the low spinning heel,though.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I missed the episode........does anyone know of a youtube link or something similiar I can watch this at? Curiousity is just killing me.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey Matt,

I don't know about the Youtube clip, but I do know they are replaying the episode. I believe the title is Fight Quest: Korea.

H Whalen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been gone for awhile and out of touch with the Hapkido world ,But while I was in my Hotel room watching the Show i recieved many calls from my Students about the Show.

I happen to know both of The Masters involved Master Bae is a superb Technician but the Show did not show it . And as far as Master Kim, Nam Jae he runs the instructors course of the KHF in Korea and has sat on many of my own Dan tests . He is the Head of Kyung Moo kwan the sister school of Chundo kwan my teachers Dojang ( He is also Holcombe Thomas's teacher)

What was shown was they calll "DEMO KIDO" ha ha ..... It is not the way they do it in korea .Contact me privately and i will give you a run down on The show

well it's good to be back