Fight Quest and BJJ in Rio, Brazil!

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I agree, one of the better episodes. In fact, this program seesm to be getting better as it progresses.

Brian Jones

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondered about that as well. In the BJJ episode, doesn;t Doug say he slept on the mat at the school one night? I think maybe the instructors are arranging the accomodations.
I think he slept on the mat because he was training that late/long, not because he didn't have a hotel.

But I also think they (and probably the instructors) are selecting the accomodations to be kind of a cultural reflection or experience, instead of staying at the Hyatt Extreme Deluxe suites. And -- I think in some of the places they're staying, that IS a first class accomodation.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he slept on the mat because he was training that late/long, not because he didn't have a hotel.

But I also think they (and probably the instructors) are selecting the accomodations to be kind of a cultural reflection or experience, instead of staying at the Hyatt Extreme Deluxe suites. And -- I think in some of the places they're staying, that IS a first class accomodation.

I think you hit the nail on the head JKS9199!
icon6.gif

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Oh yeah I'm sure, I went to LA to train and I stayed where the teacher told me, where he has everyone stay, even though the Hilton was closer to his school :) I was so wiped out all I needed anyway was a bed and a shower (and a washing machine)

Fabio

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh yeah I'm sure, I went to LA to train and I stayed where the teacher told me, where he has everyone stay, even though the Hilton was closer to his school :) I was so wiped out all I needed anyway was a bed and a shower (and a washing machine)

I agree, all you need is really a bed and in some places I'm pretty sure those accomodations are as good as they get, but being from Brazil, it bugs me when people get the wrong impression and assume that it is just how Hotels are down there (which I knoe it's not the case).

Not a big deal though, I'm sure I wouldn't care what my accomodations were if I was given the opportunity to do what those guys are doing. :)

Latest Discussions