Feeling like I'm making some progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You wrote:

have you ever gone out with a girl the size of a double wardrobe ? if so I bet you hid her away, if not why not, I least I gave her a chance, well a lot more than one

But you previously wrote:

she was 50 lbs over weight when I met her, she said she was on a diet, so i went out with her on the proviso she lost weight, 5 years later and literally 100s of diet attempts she was 100 lb over weight.

Were you lying the first time or the second time? To answer your question, before my marriage, now going on 29 years, I dated girls that were fit, a couple that were too thin, and a couple that were overweight. No, I didn't hide them away. Any of them. Why not? Because I'm not a shallow, self-absorbed narcissist, among other things. You've only served to reinforce my original beliefs, that her weight gain is on your shoulders, because of your cruelty and mental abuse toward her, and your need to keep her hidden away to save yourself embarrassment.

From dumbfounded to disgust. You just continue to go down in my estimation, and that in itself is impressive, considering how low you started.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well you can make some pretty accurate assessment about people from there appearance or in this case a persons description of there appearance. if someone is 150/ 200 lbs over weight, excluding some very rare genetic abnormality, then they are either lazy or greedy or probably both, and severely lacking in self respect, or they wouldn't have let themself get that way. now if people are happy that way fair enough,

but very few of them are and have a history of starting diets/ exercise and after modest improvements give up and start sitting on the couch, stuffing cheeseburgers again. so we can add lack of motorvation/ self discipline to the list.

there not fat by some unfortunate accident, there fat by virtue of significant personality flaws, and unless they manage to change their personality, they will remain fat until they pass on prematurely usually from heart problems.

I had a fat girl friend, she was 50 lbs over weight when I met her, she said she was on a diet, so i went out with her on the proviso she lost weight, 5 years later and literally 100s of diet attempts she was 100 lb over weight. I'd spent much of that time supporting her efforts, going to weight watchers with her, encouraging her to go for long country walks, i bought her hiking shoes and a mountain bike. before it finally occurred to meg that it was pointless, she was just lazy and greedy and lacking in self respect and wasnt going to change that so I finished the relationship

. she said " your finishing with coz I'm fat arnt you " I said no" I'm finishing with as your the type of person who is fat" and I'm tired of trying to help someone who doesn't want to put the effort in to be a better person." but I've got an eating disorder " she said "exactly your eating disorder is that your greedy and lazy"
and ironically a doctor

the final straw was when, she got stuck in the bath because if her fatness, as one , getting a250 lbs soapy fat girl out of the bath nearly killed me, she wouldn't let me ring the fire brigade for some reason. and I saw my future as looking after a self causing invalid for the rest of my life, no thanks, no more fat girls for me
You have made so many generalizations that are just unsupportable as such. Your ignorance shows, as does your lack of understanding of people.

But go ahead. Feel big about how much better you are than others. That seems to be what gets you off.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about 80% certain that Jobo is just screwing with us. Few people could be so dense. First I can't walk two miles without it almost killing me. Then I'm a loser because I only hiked 3 miles instead of 10. Now I'm back to not even being able walk 2 and a half miles around a park. Well what is it? Can I walk or can't I? I think he's just saying whatever comes to his mind as the most annoying. Either that or he was bullied as a child for something that he thought he should have had better control over, and thus it has turned him into a grumpy bugger. It may have involved cheeseburgers since he's fixated on that.
It's a recurring pattern of his.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eating when your hungry is what your supposed to do, I'm mean screaming belly churning hungry, the problem is people eat when there not hungry just peckish, and continue eating when they no longer are, if people really can't control their urges, until they experience hunger, then fill up on something that is high in bulk and low in calories, like veg for instance,no one ever got fat eating raw carrots, even better eat celery, which reputable consumes more calories in the digestion process than it gives..
You assume that overweight people aren't hungry when they eat. Like other biological signals, hunger signals can get out of alignment with their original purpose. Only gnawing hunger doesn't, so far as I know, but many people won't feel that kind of hunger unless they skip a day of eating, which isn't always a healthy approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions