Federal cases against LEO's rising.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Another bizarre thing I have seen with these vehicle larcenies is the total lack of common sense of some victims. I have seen people who actually leave their wallets, purses, laptops, credit cards and large amounts of cash in their unlocked cars over night??? WTF???

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't even leave empty soda cans in my car overnight.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Another bizarre thing I have seen with these vehicle larcenies is the total lack of common sense of some victims. I have seen people who actually leave their wallets, purses, laptops, credit cards and large amounts of cash in their unlocked cars over night??? WTF???

It happens here every Christmas. People leave presents and even the Christmas money.......in the UNLOCKED CAR!

I had a woman lose $500.00 she had for Christmas that she left in the console because she had just cashed her check that day. And she left the car unlocked in the driveway!

We had a spree several years back of some clowns who hit cars at Christmas time because they knew a lot of folks kept their presents in the trunk. That was one of the few cases where they actually busted some windows to get to the trunk. We caught that guy in the act after he cut himself, got confronted by the car owners, and then left a blood trail for us to follow in the snow, because he tried to be a thief while drunk.

A lot of it comes down to the mistaken belief that it is the police's job to protect folks.......it is THEIR job to protect themselves and make smart decisions that prevent these kind of things from happening.......we get called when something goes wrong. But the first line of defense is smart decisions.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting coincidence in timing. Rory Miller posted this today:
No one cares about your safety but you. That’s not really true. Your family and friends care. Sometimes I (or people like me) are paid to care… but when it comes down to survival it’s only you.

People confuse concepts like "responsibility" and "blame." Further, they confuse victims and potential victims, and they blur these distinctions inside fuzzy head that sometimes can't tell the difference between the world that is and the world that should be.

Latest Discussions