Favourite WC techniques?

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Guys whats your favourite in WC?

In a pre-emptive environment, forward kick to groin region, step down straight into chain punch. Simple, to the point and flows together well. I've used it in free sparring sessions a few times.

In terms of pure technique, a soft tan sau used to attack incoming arms is easily done, and, works. Have also done it in a free sparring sessions. It both blocks and attacks the opponent at the same time, so 2 for the price of 1 in a technique ticks all the boxes for me. :D

I've found that putting together combo's of techniques works better than just using static techniques. One MA class I went to, the art and class will be nameless, centred on static drills, and this came across in the sparring. Wasn't my cuppa tea.

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
For me I don't really have one. There are certain moves I use more then others but there not my favorite moves.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it would have to be the elbow strike and sweep , what better way to finish somebody off after several chain punches than to dump them on the ground hard with a fractured sternum and maybe even a broken ankle

I'm also quite partial to chain kicking , I just like the rapid fire aspect of the kicks which can destroy somebodies leg in under a second and your also hitting them upstairs at the same time.

It just seems efficient to me to be using 3 limbs at once , one arm striking the head , the other hand controlling their arm and pulling them off balance , and a leg attacking their knee joint and thigh all at the same time.

OP
bigbadade

bigbadade

White Belt
Reaction score
I like elbow combos too!! I also like bong sau combos Bong Lap Fak!!The techniques are all interwoven and can be used in many combos, the exploration of these combos along with movement I find facinating!!

koenig

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Pak da.

The amazing thing about Pak Da (for at least) is that it always seems to work well when you're just standing around, not expecting an attack.

Wait that sounded bad... it's not like I regularly get randomly attacked when I'm just standing around :D

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, as most of you fine folks know, I'm a novice! butttt, I just learned how to tan sau after connecting with a persons punch to intercept their next punch and man... that is one heck of an awesome technique!

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pak da.

The amazing thing about Pak Da (for at least) is that it always seems to work well when you're just standing around, not expecting an attack.

Wait that sounded bad... it's not like I regularly get randomly attacked when I'm just standing around :D

You have a point there , the parry is used many times in the SLT and is usually one of the first things you learn . Its saved me many times , once when I worked in a factory that made big copper printing cylinders . We had these big heavy hand control things that hung from the roof and controlled a hoist that lifted the cylinders up .

Well this new bloke fumbled with the controller and it came swinging at my face , I saw it out of the corner of my eye and instinctively parried it . Another time at the beach some bloke threw a frisbee and unbeknownst to me , because I was just walking past , anyway it was headed straight for my face and again out of the corner of my eye , I parried it and swatted it down like a fly .

It was a totally reflex action , I don't think I would have been able to do those things if I had not trained in Wing Chun.

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
i like the cenreline punch for its ability to deflect another punch, its something that just didnt occur to me before starting wing chun and now it kinda facinates me

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...It just seems efficient to me to be using 3 limbs at once , one arm striking the head , the other hand controlling their arm and pulling them off balance , and a leg attacking their knee joint and thigh all at the same time.

I agree that simultaneously using three limbs is very cool, and techniques like the one described make for awesome demos. Another is the "triple strike"... a double punch and a knee kick all delivered at the same time. However in actual practice, I've come to prefer to offset my blows and deliver one strike at a time, putting my whole body behind it. The "offset" or staggered timing may only be a fraction of a second. --It just seems that my techniques are more effective that way, rather than dividing my force between two or three simultaneous shots.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree that simultaneously using three limbs is very cool, and techniques like the one described make for awesome demos. Another is the "triple strike"... a double punch and a knee kick all delivered at the same time. However in actual practice, I've come to prefer to offset my blows and deliver one strike at a time, putting my whole body behind it. The "offset" or staggered timing may only be a fraction of a second. --It just seems that my techniques are more effective that way, rather than dividing my force between two or three simultaneous shots.

Absolutely there is a division of force , but I believe the advantages outweigh it . Because the opponents attention is also divided and the effect on his body structure is quite dramatic .

I pretty much use them as a finishing technique , no more than 3 punches to the head , then as the last punch is going out I raise arm and leg simultaneously , my arm latches their arm down at the same time as my leg stamp kicks on the back of their knee joint and my final punch hits them in the temple . This totally breaks their body structure as their upper body is pulled one way and their lower body is pushed in another

Its best done when the opponent is in a side on position so you can stamp the back of their leg , the thing I like about it is that being a short fella the stamp and latch pulls them down to my level as their knee is collapsed to the floor and their head or neck is right at the ideal level for a finishing elbow if you wanted to take it that far.

JGreber

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My favorite technique has to be the emergency techniques from Bui Jee. I just love when someone thinks they got you, and then you have even more control of them than they had of you. I also really like the use of three techniques like mook jong man explained. There is nothing like a good lop da coupled with a low fung gerk.

Latest Discussions