Favorite Techniques for a Violent Confronatation

F

FST

I know that in a violent confrontation your "favorite techniques" will be ones that allow you to escape and survive. What techniques do you like to focus on for violent altercations and why? Furthermore, how do you train these techniques. I will break these down into the categories of defensive and offensive techniques and some sub-categories under each.

Defensive Techniques:
Blocks
Parries
Covers
Shielding
Reflexive Response(s)

Offensive Techniques (standing and clinch):
Jab
Cross
Hook
Palm
Tiger Claw
Elbows
Knees
Forearms
Front Kick
Thai Kick
Back Kick
Headbutt
Dirty Techniques (eye gouges, rakes, hair pulls, etc)
Chokes

Offensive Techniques (ground):
Same as the above but with the kicks while you are on the
ground and they are standing.
Arm Bars
Leg Locks

I like to train with these techniques by using sparring (from light boxing to full contact NHB), Drills (Sucker Punch, Surprise Attack, etc), and Scenario Based Drills.

Obviously, which techniques I use is dependant on the situation but I have found these techniques work for me consistently. Thanks.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pivot away from oncoming attack.

Move right foot in front of left, then left in front of right in rapid fashion.

Repeat as necessary.

:D

Cthulhu

Tigerkrim

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cthulhu

Repeat as necessary.

Cthulhu

One of the most intelligent posts I've read on this forum!!!
Rock on!!!

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Both hands on the wheel one foot on the gas, maybe he jumps out of the way maybye not.

Really it's hard to say, is it from the front-back-side. One or multiple attackers, am I alone or my children with me.

The last one is a big one I won't take any chances with their lives, if this is truly a violent encounter he's going to get cut not boxed or grappled very long.

I'm not trying to sound like a tough guy, to me his life means nothing compared to my childrens . So I guess I sound like dad.

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Cthulhu

Repeat as necessary.

Cthulhu

Actually I prefer
to put my left foot in and take my left foot out
And then put my right foot in and shake it all about
and do the hokey pokey cause that's what it's all about.

OP
S

soccer50

I doubt that your favorite techniqu will get you out of something. For me, I used to thihk that, but its the most basic moves that will get you out of a situation. Why?They are the most practical and are the easiest to execute.

From personal experiences, the most effective moves are,
#1punch
#2dodge/back up
#3 push kick

round houses are very hard to execute in a situatio like that

OP
L

lost_tortoise

I agree with D_brady about different situations dictating my actions. If my wife and/or child were involved and a situation were unavoidable, I would kill first, not ask questions and get the hell outta there. Also, Soccer50, in the violent (unorchestrated) altercations in which I have been involved, I have found that getting my feet above knee level was quite difficult if I wished to stay standing. I've spent most of my time fighting imbalance and adrenaline fog to push kick anyone. That, of course, has been my own experience.

Favorite techniques? Not being there. Invisibility (haven't mastered that one yet)
I like knees and elbows although I fight dirty in real situations (eye gouge, throat strikes, genitalia, arteries etc.)

OP
M

MartialArtist

Fast sucker punch

You don't even have to be fast most of the time, just do it right away and most people won't see it coming. I can however, punch faster than most people, so that makes it even better move for me. From what I've seen, it's one of the most commonly used moves.

Reliable most of the time, and if you miss, it's not like you'll be open (if you execute right).

OP
W

Withered Soul

Defence:
Quick shuffle backwards
Blocks (but only to punches)

Offense:
Swift sidekick to belly or knee
Turning kick to knee
Right Hook
Jab
Reverse Punch
Uppercut
Leopard Claw/Fist
Body Punch

The quick shuffle backwards is usually followed by the side kick. Also, what's a Sucker Punch?

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Withered Soul
Also, what's a Sucker Punch?

haha...maybe that's an american term. it's basically a "cheap" or "dirty" punch that comes with no warning and often is unable to be seen. so say i came up behind you and just clocked you in the back of the head. that would be considered a sucker punch. say you were talking to me or someone else and i just hauled off and cracked you in the face...i'd consider that a sucker punch.

OP
W

Withered Soul

Aah, thanks for clearing that up tarabos. In England, up North anyway, we call them Cheap Shots. Or girly hits if it's a boot to the groin.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tarabos
haha...maybe that's an american term. it's basically a "cheap" or "dirty" punch that comes with no warning and often is unable to be seen. so say i came up behind you and just clocked you in the back of the head. that would be considered a sucker punch. say you were talking to me or someone else and i just hauled off and cracked you in the face...i'd consider that a sucker punch.

Huh? What is this? First of all , that "fro" is outdated, then Steven Segal was looking ok, so you might as well bring the "Dog" back for this situation. No sucker puch, just let the DOG loose! ouch!:cool:

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Redirecting using oponents speed and motion to either aviod or defeat them:asian:

Against a violent attack I dont think there is such a thing as a sucker punch or cheap fighting, I personally have never seen a rule book on street fighting outside the ring.

:goop:

YouAgain

Green Belt
Reaction score
My Sensei say's " Once you step out those dojo doors there are no rule's and anything can happen " So in my oppinion cheap shots are good if they're going to keep me from getting creamed.

But I dunno I'd mainly strike to the head..........

OP
M

MartialArtist

Yeah, I'm a head type of guy. I don't have the longest reach in the world, or do am I so tall that hitting in the head is easy. When fighting someone who's 6'8" or something, the head is not the best choice for me so then, I go for the other cheap places... Knee and groin are big ones. Grappling the guy with cheap moves isn't bad either. It doesn't have to be fancy, as long as it works for you.

Latest Discussions