Favorite Hong Kong Actor

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's a rally tough question. I mean, acting wise? Or Martial wise? And for me, it changes as the years go by. I just watched The Foreigner with Jackie Chan. And, man, I loved it. Even more than other films of his that I've loved.

And as for favorite "Hong Kong actor", could one be considered as such if he was born in the U.S? I love James Hong, he's done over five hundred acting projects, been enjoying him since I was a little kid. Kind of hard for me not to put him in the category.

And I love James Lew, got to know him in L.A. can't say enough good things about him.

JamesLew.JPG

But I may have to say Bruce Lee. Even though he seems to have so fallen out of vogue with everyone these days. And maybe especially since he's fallen out of vogue....just makes me appreciate him more.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me Chow Yun Fat. Some his earlier film like Hard Bolied had a kind of darker comedy element to it, and I believe he still has the highest kill count in an HK film. But for me his best film was Replacement Killers, despite it bombing at the box office.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's a rally tough question. I mean, acting wise? Or Martial wise? And for me, it changes as the years go by. I just watched The Foreigner with Jackie Chan. And, man, I loved it. Even more than other films of his that I've loved.

And as for favorite "Hong Kong actor", could one be considered as such if he was born in the U.S? I love James Hong, he's done over five hundred acting projects, been enjoying him since I was a little kid. Kind of hard for me not to put him in the category.

And I love James Lew, got to know him in L.A. can't say enough good things about him.

View attachment 21478

But I may have to say Bruce Lee. Even though he seems to have so fallen out of vogue with everyone these days. And maybe especially since he's fallen out of vogue....just makes me appreciate him more.
he was a terrible actor, half the time he couldn't even move his lips in time with the words

Latest Discussions