Fat tied to poor memory

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NEW YORK - Overweight middle-aged adults tend to score more poorly on tests of memory, attention and learning ability than their thinner peers do, researchers reported Monday.The findings, they say, suggest that a heavier weight in middle age may mean a higher risk of dementia later in life.
Reporting in the journal Neurology, the researchers speculate that higher rates of cardiovascular disease or diabetes might help explain the link. But it’s also possible that substances produced by fat cells, such as the hormone leptin, have direct effects on the brain.
Entire Article

I was gonna post this last week, but ... I forgot ...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm.....now if they can tie it into hair loss, it would explain soooo much for me. :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What site is this again???

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, like if I loose weight, I would remember what the moves are to the techniques? Shucks, thought I just didn't practice enough. Now, I gotta get skinny!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am with Bob on the hair loss issue.

It must be different for each person...Still gotta full head of hair BUT I don't have just a "spare tire", I got a racing slick...LOL

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
It must be different for each person...Still gotta full head of hair BUT I don't have just a "spare tire", I got a racing slick...LOL

:rofl:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Makes sense... "can't remember if I ate lunch yet. Better get a cheeseboiger."

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know if fat is tied to bad memory then why do all those skinny blonde women forget to each lunch all the time...oh wait...

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know if fat is tied to bad memory then why do all those skinny blonde women forget to each lunch all the time...oh wait...

Do they really forget or do we forget seeing them eat it?

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its a flawed study.
How do they know that the fat people they tested would have got any different results if they were skinny, They might have just picked dumb people who happened to be fat.:confused: :)

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its a flawed study.
How do they know that the fat people they tested would have got any different results if they were skinny, They might have just picked dumb people who happened to be fat.:confused: :)

You make a great point here. If they really wanted to have a true test they need to test people who are fat then have them lose weight and see if that makes a difference and/or do the inverse. It would be very difficult to test this hypothesis out.

Latest Discussions