Fair or not?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Win Bronze (3rd) and be named USOC athlete of the month?

or

Win Gold (1st) out of nowhere and come in 2nd?

http://usa-taekwondo.us/news/article/28945

I thought Danielle Pelham had an awsome performance, she was not even picked to place. She should have been voted 1st also.

I guess a name is everything. Hopfully she is making one for herself.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
She wasnt on the Jay Leno show on NBC.;)
When? I would like to see that. I think I TiVo that show. Have not watched it in a while but I should have the last 4 episodes on my TiVo. Thanks.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Lopez's were on the tonight show before the olympics being called the first family of TKD. Not her.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't someone telling me that TKD receives no publicity etc in America...?

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From reading the article it sounds like there were 4 deserving athletes this month. You could make a case for anyone on them deserving to win. Sometimes things just don’t fall your way.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wasn't someone telling me that TKD receives no publicity etc in America...?

I know the comment you are speaking of and I would say that it is 99% true.

Just before the olympics, the Lopez family got a spot on the tonight show. It wasnt so much about TKD but more because they are the first family to have 4 siblings going to the olympics. No other family has done that. The whole TKD was just a by product of the show. Whether they were TKD or baseball the reason for being on the show was not the sport, but the history making aspect.

As for other publicity, other than street signs for schools and yellowbook adds, not really much else mentioned. unless you happened to kick a ref in the face... that would be mentioned anywhere... like it was.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
From reading the article it sounds like there were 4 deserving athletes this month. You could make a case for anyone on them deserving to win. Sometimes things just don’t fall your way.
I agree to an extent but when you are favored and win vs. someone who was a longshot and pulled a rabbit out of a hat, well I just think more weight should go to the long shot. But that is just my opinion.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kicking the ref was secondary, cheating competitors out of medals was the prime concern for most non Chinese countries.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kicking the ref was secondary, cheating competitors out of medals was the prime concern for most non Chinese countries.

I feel you on that one. I have resonded to you before about u guys getting shafted in that match. I am on your side with it.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ATC.

Did you notice USAT homepage? LOPEZ in big bolds.... Pelham in small print... aaaaahhhhh maybe I am being too picky.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel you on that one. I have resonded to you before about u guys getting shafted in that match. I am on your side with it.
Ta! it wasn't just us though it happened to quite a few non Chinese competitors though you can't blame the Chinese as the judging was done by officials from many countries which leads me to believe that the whole system is suspect.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ta! it wasn't just us though it happened to quite a few non Chinese competitors though you can't blame the Chinese as the judging was done by officials from many countries which leads me to believe that the whole system is suspect.

{que conspiracy music}

home team advantage... you heard what they do in china if you dont comply???? ofcourse not cause no one lives to tell you about it... your family just gets a bill in the mail for the bullet.... and dont be a foreigner in the wrong.... foreign prisons are sympathetic to your needs... or if you exist...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Win Bronze (3rd) and be named USOC athlete of the month?

or

Win Gold (1st) out of nowhere and come in 2nd?

http://usa-taekwondo.us/news/article/28945

I thought Danielle Pelham had an awsome performance, she was not even picked to place. She should have been voted 1st also.

I guess a name is everything. Hopfully she is making one for herself.

Sounds like the Heisman trophy to me.....

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
ATC.

Did you notice USAT homepage? LOPEZ in big bolds.... Pelham in small print... aaaaahhhhh maybe I am being too picky.
Yeah that is not the way to get more people excited. They should be showcasing her and letting people what she accomplished. But like I said they are sucking up every bit of the Lopez's and trying to use the name to promote. They can do that and other things also.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
wow, example #2345 why olympic style korean kickboxing needs to DIE IN A FIRE. TODAY

You are as predictable as the rising of the Sun..."Die in a fire. today" is a new one...Keep them coming I am sure that you will think of more over time...I never get tired of hearing you rant about Olympic Sport TKD and the many different ways that you think that it sucks...Maybe some day you will put together an intelligent argument but until then I will enjoy your juvenile posts...

Reactions: ATC

Latest Discussions