FACTS on Test Fees

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is just for the KKW certificate; no uniform, no belt!
I add a test fee if they are testing in person.

Do you allow them to test by mail or something without the additional test fee?

How can you not test in person?

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
it's all over the board these days. some places are still charging between 50 and 60 a month. others charge as high as 200. also, there's a growing trend of charging a little more for 'advanced' training. for example, your first year costs 110, your second costs 125, your third costs 150.

aparently, the industry average is in the 110-130 range.

for the record, my studio charges $125/month for one student, $200/month for families. though i don't charge $600 for a shodan test, i do allow students to roll in test fees and equipment costs into their tuition, to help folks budget.

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
40.00 for gup 100.00 for 1st dan125.00, 2nd 150.00 3rd etc. it does not count membership in federation fee of 10.00 per year. in Oklahoma U.S.A. All the best in the arts

sungjado

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you allow them to test by mail or something without the additional test fee?

How can you not test in person?

No, the test fee must be paid, whether by video test or in person.
If I test someone by video, I have to sit in front of the boob-tube for an hour or longer and that is time I can spend doing something more productive.

If an individual comes and tests in front of me, then I charge them an hourly rate plus the KKW Dan certificate fee.

After training and teaching for 43+ years, I can see what an individual knows by watching a video. The Kukkiwon doesn't care if the individual is a good person or not, all they care about is the physical aspect for 1st thru 3rd Dan.

Thanks for asking.