Facebook fight leads to hit-and-run

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
15 to 3 is 5 to one odds. At best this scary and makes one feel like they could die.

But let us look at it from a different manner, it only take one or two to tie a person up so they cannot help another, and then now it is 13 to one in a kick fest while the one is on the ground dying. Then you move onto the other two left, where the odds only get worse.

Now add in the teens were also facing adults.
We will ignore the whole adult issue of stepping in and chasing a moving car, which brings to mind a dog chaing a car.

I do not condon hitting someone with a car.

I do not condon an adult chasing teens who are trying to leave. Take a picture of their car and write down the plate number and call in the police and you get a much better result.

Of course the 3 that went was considered the aggressors as they went to someone else's house. But even if a person is attacked and the attacker ends up on the ground, and the defender attacks the attacker on the ground now the defender is the attacker. The 15 kids are now the attackers, and the adult is adding to it.

It looks bad for the three kids. A good lawyer, would charge the fifteen and the adult insighting a riot, reckless endangerment (* An adult was present and not taking control *) and then form there it would be assault charges on the 15 and the adult and if they threw anything at the vehicle, not only vandalism but assault and battery. In the end the media will drop it or carry both sides, but the legal system will end up most likely calling it mutual assault.

I am not a lawyer, so anyone reading this should consult their own legal advice, and make sure they are not just reading advice from the internet.

Thanks

What will likely happen is that if charges are filled, the Prosecutor will offer whoever is charged a seriously reduced plea bargain, a suspended imposition of sentence and a couple years unsupervised probation, with the condition they don't get in any more fights.

The reason they will do this is that the case is a mess........because nobody involved is an innocent party, and bringing it to trial will expose that fact. So a conviction isn't a high probability once the defense attorney starts cross-examining the witnesses, some of whom will undoubtedly lie and tell conflicting stories on the stand.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarge, other than the police custody part, is there much difference between an arrest and a summons?

After the incident, the Woburn teen drove directly to the Woburn police station and reported what had happened. She wasn't arrested, but was given a summons to appear in court for leaving the scene.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sarge, other than the police custody part, is there much difference between an arrest and a summons?

After the incident, the Woburn teen drove directly to the Woburn police station and reported what had happened. She wasn't arrested, but was given a summons to appear in court for leaving the scene.

Not much difference. An arrest involves physically taking custody of someone. A summons is issued in lieu of arrest, but the ultimate result is exactly the same, a court date and time is given.

My ultimate guess is that the police really look at this as stupidity on both sides, and issued her a summons to shut everyone else up. They didn't arrest her because they didn't think it warranted the paper work, given that everyone involved on both sides of this incident was dirty.

It's exactly what I would have done.......called everyone in, had them fill out statements, looked at the statements, and then issued her a summons for court, and told them to stay the hell away from each other before I start taking people to jail.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What will likely happen is that if charges are filled, the Prosecutor will offer whoever is charged a seriously reduced plea bargain, a suspended imposition of sentence and a couple years unsupervised probation, with the condition they don't get in any more fights.

The reason they will do this is that the case is a mess........because nobody involved is an innocent party, and bringing it to trial will expose that fact. So a conviction isn't a high probability once the defense attorney starts cross-examining the witnesses, some of whom will undoubtedly lie and tell conflicting stories on the stand.

Good points, which supports my comments I believe about a good lawyer could make this go away with little to no system involvement.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good points, which supports my comments I believe about a good lawyer could make this go away with little to no system involvement.

Heck, I think a mediocre lawyer could make this go away with little to no system involvement.

When your victim is unsympathetic, a voluntary participant, and probably lying, and all your witnesses are telling conflicting stories, you've got no case.

Nishibi Ryu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sounds to me like cyber bullying meets real life bullying, stupid people the lot of them. That mother should be ashamed of herself the only reason she should have been there was to kick her daughters **** all the way home for being involved.
No wonder the girl did not stop fear would have taken over when she came at her and who knows how big she was she could have been an amazon!
Face book is a menace and should be shut down and they should all get a life, the amount of crap that goes on is unbeleivable.
I was told by a business friend that one of their staff had resigned and then went on face book to try to destroy the business, her parents were involved ( ex dirty police ) and every stupid student from her school got involved and even went to the shop to disrupt it. They have now spent thousands to stop it but it still goes on and these people managed to find 20k other idiots to log on and rubbish them, stupid facebookers!!!!

Latest Discussions