Facebook changes Terms again, claims right to whatever they want to do so pffft.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FB now laying claim to everything. I'll be removing FB from my phone shortly. Debating on how much to remove content-wise.

Facebook has just claimed the right to use or sell your identity, your content and your data without limit. They have nuked their own privacy policy, removing the right for you to keep anything private. This takes the suckiness of the Instagram contract and adds even more suck by explicitly making you agree that everything they know about you is for sale, and that you have no right to keep any of it private. The new terms are set to take effect next Thursday.
http://thedambook.com/the-other-shoe-dropping/

By way of comparison, MartialTalk hasn't had to change it's terms in years, makes no such claims, doesn't steal your identity, sell your name, etc.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect and hope that Facebook will back off of this; there's been a bit of fuss over it. Facebook has become a convenient way to keep in touch with some people, and reconnect with a few others. If it doesn't -- well, I may well be deleting my account. May give Google+ a boost...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Google+ is still around? I don't think I've logged in there this year yet.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still there... I don't know how much activity is actually going on there.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
google is messing around too much with everything...makes everything just not userfriendly anymore.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tossed around the idea, numerous times, on closing my acct on FB. I opened it only after giving in to the pressure of a friend..lol. As far as keeping in touch with friends...well, I certainly don't need FB for that! LOL! A lot of the friends that I have on there, ie: many from school, I rarely talk to, as it seems everyone is in a different state, and busy with their respective lives. Anyone who I really might need to get in touch with, is either someone who is a family member or someone who I interact with on a regular basis, and I already have another means of contacting them, should that need arise.

Latest Discussions