Eyes Wide Open Anti-War Exhibit

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ginshun said:
b) Sorry, I didn't realize that word was innappropriate on this forum. I didn't think that I was being inflamatory with its use, as I was referring to myself, but anyway, it won't happen again.

Ginshun,

If one was to say, "I pricked my finger on the thorn.", then it would not be inflamatory. If one uses the word towards others it is inflamatory. When you use against yourself it is used in an inflamatory way, in which case you most likely would not complain about yourself. Yet, our guidelines try to keep this down to the PG-13ish level. I know that 13 year olds hear and say a lot. Our staff just would like to not have it be for someone to have their first time in reading such usage be here at Martial Talk.

Thank you for your understanding, and your previous post that I quoted.

Rich Parsons
Martial Talk
Super Moderator
:asian:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ginshun said:
So your telling me that what he posted wasn't just a flat out lie then?

It was either that or he had no idea what he was talking about. I guess I can't tell you for sure which one, but either way, it was an idiotic statement to make. My apologies for sounding like a prick, but stuff like that makes me mad.
... perhaps my typing was falling behind my brain ... or maybe my brain was in front of my typing. As I re-read my statement, I thought there probably should have been a clause "to this extent" in that sentence.

Or if you prefer... I was Lying. Doesn't bother me which way you think of the statement.

I stand by my position that the Guard members never expected to serve in the capacity they are being used today.

But, I am a silly pacifist. Don't believe me .... Go ask them. Seems to me I hear a bunch of screams from the military families demanding more money (because the guard doesn't pay as well as the fire department). Just yesterday, congress was pushing a bill that would extend health benefits for the service members called up after 9.2001.

Latest Discussions