Ex-cop arrested for fatal shooting over texting during the previews

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One thing I'm not sure about is how the gun free zones affect Castle. Ours was recently revised to include home, curtilage, and anywhere one has a legal right to be.

If one is CC in a gun-free establishment, or if one's carry was the reason why one was asked to leave a gun-free establishment, does that mean Castle would not apply? Probably a better question for a local defense attorney but I'm kinda curious.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Simply being in a "gun free zone" should not mean you have to just let someone kill you if you happen to possess an otherwise legal firearm...In terms of Castle Doctrine or Duty to Retreat I would certainly avoid using a gun in a GFZ if at all possible.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah each state may be different but I don't see how Buffalo Wild Wings refusing to allow customers to posses firearms is an arrestable offense. Unless the state made some law about it. We have no laws like that here at most they call the police we tell you to leave but then again nobody carries guns here since the communist state of MD its almost impossible to get a CC permit.
The only way I see it working is to make it a trespass. You're given permission to enter private property (violate the close) to conduct business there -- but you have to abide by the rules. However, without some pretty specific codes, I think I'd want them to have been told to leave and refuse to do so rather than rely on a "no guns" sign.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only way I see it working is to make it a trespass. You're given permission to enter private property (violate the close) to conduct business there -- but you have to abide by the rules. However, without some pretty specific codes, I think I'd want them to have been told to leave and refuse to do so rather than rely on a "no guns" sign.
Right that's what I'm saying. The most the store could do is ask you to leave. If you refuse then your trespassing. They call the police and we tell them OK you need to leave. Private property can make the rulesfor service as they see fit. You either follow them or don't shop there

Latest Discussions