Ex Afghan Spy Says He Knew Where OBL Was

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ex-Afghan spy chief: I knew where bin Laden was

Sun May 15, 7:17 pm ET WASHINGTON – Afghanistan's former intelligence chief says he knew Osama bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan four years ago, but Pakistan's leaders rejected his claims.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515/ap_on_re_us/us_afghanistan_bin_laden
My first thought was... well if that's true... why didn't you try to contact the U.S. state dept? Or the Embassy? Or even an American Military Officer at the nearest base? I mean somebody would've taken your claim seriously enough eventually (especially with his supposed credentials) to check it out? Did you HAVE to go through the Pakistanis? Why remain silent when you could've been 20 million dollars richer if you had told an American authority?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My first thought was... well if that's true... why didn't you try to contact the U.S. state dept? Or the Embassy? Or even an American Military Officer at the nearest base? I mean somebody would've taken your claim seriously enough eventually (especially with his supposed credentials) to check it out? Did you HAVE to go through the Pakistanis? Why remain silent when you could've been 20 million dollars richer if you had told an American authority?

Hindsight is 20/20?

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw an interview with this gentleman. I'm not sure how much credence to give him, but some of the things he was saying do ring true and are disturbing. Like that weare giving Pakastan billions and some of this is being used to support the terrorist. The town he thought OBL was in was lose to where he actualy was, but not the same town.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think a lot of people knew he was there, but knowing, and knowing the exact address are two different things.
Sean

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure if OBL was really hiding, or being held. The place looked more like a prison.

Latest Discussions