Ever been knocked out?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been knocked out a couple of times.

It kind of feels pleasent, actually. It's like falling into a peaceful sleep instantly, you feel no pain. I wouldn't recommend getting knocked out though if you can avoid it. And, you do feel like crap after about 5 minutes from when you come too.

%-}

OP
K

kkbb

Originally posted by OULobo
I have been knocked out twice. Once in sparring and once in a match. I have knocked a few people out in the same type instances. I have also choked out two friends and been choked out once. The story the is best to tell though is when I was almost knocked out in a "light" sparring match.

I traded a hook on his forehead for an uppercut to my chin. My vision went into a warp wormhole. It went to tunnel vision and all I could see was my sparring partner's face, but it looked about 30 ft away and it was swaying back and forth. Next the tunnel rushed back at me at about mach 3 and I was back to normal vision, but everyone was staring at me in wonder and I was swaying back and forth. Turns out it was a really loud hit, I had dropped my mouthpiece out and just stood there with a dumb look on my face as a stumbled and swayed, but didn't fall. I might not have been knocked out, but the headache that followed made me wish I had.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Way to funny!

OP
K

kkbb

Originally posted by MartialArtsGuy
I'm not sure if this counts, but I have knocked myself out by taking deep breaths and holding the last one and than squeezing the sides of my neck to cut off blood supply. I dropped like a rock in a few seconds. I was in 7th grade by the way.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: stop! You guys are killing me!:rofl: :rofl:

Mithios

Green Belt
Reaction score
Knocked out 1 time doing full contact kickboxing with a professional who was getting ready for his next fight. everything went black then i hit the wall and woke up. some how i kept standing. my head hurt for day's! MITHIOS

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Only once, but it was a choke out, not a knockout. I was grappling with my school's master, demonstrating some stuff to the new black belts (grappling is taught at that level only at our TKD school), when we just decided to have a bit of kumite right then and there. After struggling for about a minute, I wound up on my back, with him straddling me from behind, legs wrapped around my waist, and his big, football-player-sized arms around my neck in a sleeper hold. Since I refused to tap out until I had no alternative, I found myself waking up two minutes later under the aid of some slaps to the face, and with no clue what the heck had just happened to me. Not a fun experience once I stood up, but other than that, I was ok. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, though.

shujika

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I have nothing to say on this subject, I was just feeling ill every time I scrolled down the main page and saw G.D.'s name on it.....................

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
you resurrected a 5 year old post to say "I have nothing to say"???? silly silly

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Been knocked out and choked out.
The knockout was from a hook and didn't hurt but you definately know you were hit. It was like a flash of light at impact and then went black. I had a hell of a headache when I came to.
Got caught with a rear naked choke and put to sleep. That one was weird. It really was like falling asleep. I had a dream and everything until my buddy woke me up. He says I was snoring which I didn't beleive until I choked someone out and saw it for myself. I guess its something a lot of people don't see since most tap.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah i was training with another student in wing chun who didn't have much control, nice bloke just not much control.

We were sparring and i was only pretty junior then and he stepped in and punched me straight in the nose i ended up on my backside and didn't know how i got there so i must have been out for a second or two.

You sort of feel a bit sick and depressed for a couple of hours and feel like you want to go to sleep i think that might be concussion.

LanJie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was almost knocked out. It would have been a TKO in boxing. An older student in Kenpo hit with a forearm backhand strike. I was out on my feet and my Instructor stopped the sparring.

I was dazed and I could remember nothing. I do not remember feeling pain.

It was a long time ago however. I would say about 13 years ago.

GuroJason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I came close. I got booted straight in the face by a guy twice my size, back when I was studying Ryukyu Hon Kenpo Kobujutsu actively. (Note: I only ever do this system in my backyard now, and I don't do it publicly i.e. teaching or taking classes anymore).

I also came close to knocking out my opponent more recently (now I do Senkotiros Arnis actively), but he took the hit like a champ. We were full contact stick fighting, and my hand guard caused me to be disarmed when he Force to Force blocked. He kept attacking, so I hauled off and clocked him one... I felt pretty bad afterward when he said I probably would've knocked him out if he hadn't been tucking his chin to charge on me.

hogstooth

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have been knocked out once and it wasn't during a fight. I actually did it to myself. I was building my deck and wasn't watching where I was going and smacked into a cross beam. It hit me right in the temple and I just remember feeling it, then nothing, then my buddy shaking me, then a splitting head ache. I actually had a concusion and had the nastiest black and purple knot on the side of my head for about two days and spent the night in the hospital.
I don't think I will be challenging any more decks to a fight. They really hurt.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as you have a mouthguard in, and hes wearing gloves, its supprisingly not as bad as you may think. Not fun, but nothing terrible.

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
once at a boxing tournament when i 13 my shorts were to big and kept pulling them up and my opponent capitlized on it 2nd a few years a go i was going bare knuckle with this old school kenpo guy and before i knew his foot was all in my face , i landed on my butt not quit a knock out but it was close whoooaaaaaa :jediduel:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was choked out during military police training in my younger days. Instructor told me to hold my hands apart so far and clap when I felt myself going out. I never got to the clapping part.

Knocked myself out once, standing up in a very narrow bathroom into a towel rack that was harder and sturdier than my head. Most embarrassing, because, well, you know why I was standing up - I had been sitting down. Messy business, that.

Got knocked out recently by one of the Sensei's in my dojo. He was demonstrating a nerve strike at the base of my neck - hit me VERY lightly. I felt it, went 'ow' and started to walk away - and fell over. Very strange feeling. Not quite the same as being 'knocked out' like by a massive blow - I came to within seconds and felt fine. But I was definately out for a couple seconds. I know because I ate mat.

Latest Discussions