Enviro-kook takes hostages at Discovery Channel HQ

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
How is this leftist? I just see the ramblings of a derangd person. Of course, that is exactly what I see when I view some of the people who are supposed to be representing the right as well, so maybe I'm just a bad judge.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
>Shakes head in disbelief<

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is this leftist? I just see the ramblings of a derangd person. Of course, that is exactly what I see when I view some of the people who are supposed to be representing the right as well, so maybe I'm just a bad judge.

Says I must spread some more love before repping you again so will say it here, good posts and a voice of hope and sanity along with Steve amid the rabid rantings of the haters.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Blaming the troops is a leftist position, always has been in this country.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope, it has and always will be an ignorant, and as shown here an insane position. Calling it a leftist position is just a veiled attack...like saying if a person is a conservative he must be racist. Niether holds water.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, it has and always will be an ignorant, and as shown here an insane position. Calling it a leftist position is just a veiled attack...like saying if a person is a conservative he must be racist. Niether holds water.
It was a CODE PINK rally. Those people aren't known for their calm demeanor...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was a CODE PINK rally. Those people aren't known for their calm demeanor...

You're reaching now...Notice he doesn't have on any pink? He might have been at the rally, but he was not part of the rally, nor in any way a representative of code pink. Also notice he was being jeered? So using your logic, those far leftist wackoes of Code Pink thought this guy was spouting nonsense. That's a position you and Code Pink agree on. You agree with Code Pink! You leftist, you ;)

You are trying to paint him as a leftist politico in order to attack those left of center. The more you post, the more apparent that is becoming.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rick Sanchez of CNN on James Lee, the Discovery Channel Bomber:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthe...assign-blame-over-discovery-channel-terrorist

According to Sanchez, Lee was "well meaning," but "most watching this would argue that he may have taken it way too far on this day." Indeed, Lee is "very concerned" about Global Warming.

Sanchez can barely bring himself to believe that the narrative has let him down. After all, Global Warming activists are on the side of the angels and, as Sanchez points out, Lee is "a bit of an activist, a guy who truly believes, seemingly, in his heart that he needs to do all he can to save the planet. Most watching this would argue he may have taken it way too far on this day by endangering the lives of people in this building, as he seems to be doing right now."

Most people probably think Lee may have crossed the line by taking hostages and having a bomb. Maybe. If he is, in fact, really endangering people's lives.

This is how the media and cultural elites view things.

Pax,

Chris

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
And it seems interesting how quickly people are trying to frame this as the actions of a mentally ill man..."it had nothing to do with his beliefs, he was just crazy and lets all leave it at that (please)". Has there been any evidence that this person had some sort of mental illness. If he was, was he any more or less ill than these people?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rick Sanchez of CNN on James Lee, the Discovery Channel Bomber:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthe...assign-blame-over-discovery-channel-terrorist

According to Sanchez, Lee was "well meaning," but "most watching this would argue that he may have taken it way too far on this day." Indeed, Lee is "very concerned" about Global Warming.

Sanchez can barely bring himself to believe that the narrative has let him down. After all, Global Warming activists are on the side of the angels and, as Sanchez points out, Lee is "a bit of an activist, a guy who truly believes, seemingly, in his heart that he needs to do all he can to save the planet. Most watching this would argue he may have taken it way too far on this day by endangering the lives of people in this building, as he seems to be doing right now."

Most people probably think Lee may have crossed the line by taking hostages and having a bomb. Maybe. If he is, in fact, really endangering people's lives.

This is how the media and cultural elites view things.

Pax,

Chris

But Mr Sanchez was quick to blame FOX news for cop killings.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthe...blames-fox-news-right-wing-radio-cop-killings

So FOX can influence people into murder, but AL Gore and the envirogeddon crowd cannot (unless you are CRAZY)????

I think there is some willful ignorance of what this thread is about going on here.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is pretty simple. When your news personalities suggest violent "rebellion," to go get a gun, or to kill someone, that is a far cry from telling people we are causing climate change. If you can't see the difference then you are also part of that problem.

As far as Rick Sanchez...he's about as serious a newsman as Glen Beck. Before you ask, serious mews people don't just pander to the prevailing opinion and they verify source information to make sure it is accurate.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
When your news personalities suggest violent "rebellion," to go get a gun, or to kill someone,

Uhhh...what?

I have never heard that. I think it's an issue of what you want to hear..or a willful reinterpretation. FOX is "suggesting violence" but the incessant media blitz "suggesting" that we are all going to be wandering around in a "road warrior" dystopia due to GW is simply "telling people something" absent of any political intent?

Right.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
And it seems interesting how quickly people are trying to frame this as the actions of a mentally ill man..."it had nothing to do with his beliefs, he was just crazy and lets all leave it at that (please)". Has there been any evidence that this person had some sort of mental illness. If he was, was he any more or less ill than these people?

Do you think this guy was sane? I think it's interesting that you're even suggesting otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/...-Discovery-Channel-Gunmans-Radical-Views.html

If James Lee had been a member of a Tea Party group or an activist opposed to abortion rights the national media would be in the throes of ecstasy, describing his actions as the product of some sort of loosely organized effort that should have all Americans living in fear for their lives and their liberty. The Department of Homeland Security would probably announce the creation of some sort of task force to investigate his activities and root out his followers and allies. And President Barack Obama would no doubt address the issue in his weekly radio address. But Lee was neither of those things. He was a radical on the edge of an already radicalized movement but one that continues to gain uncritical acceptance among the general public. Perhaps it&#8217;s time for a reassessment.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Uhhh...what?

I have never heard that. I think it's an issue of what you want to hear..or a willful reinterpretation. FOX is "suggesting violence" but the incessant media blitz "suggesting" that we are all going to be wandering around in a "road warrior" dystopia due to GW is simply "telling people something" absent of any political intent?

Right.

Nope, these are taken from Fox news I have seen. Now granted it wasn't the "real" news on Fox, but it is still irresponsible. Once upon a time there were leftist organizations that tried to accent thier point with violence and violent imagery. It wasn't right then and it isn't right now, when the right is doing it.

I'm not saying every conservative is a violent act waiting to happen. Far from it. My best friend and some family members are very conservative and they would never dream of doing anything so stupid. But to deny that some of this isn't going on then to try to say the left is doing it in the very next breath is "willfull" ignorance. Sane people don't promote violent rhetoric or imagery, no matter thier political alignment.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you think this guy was sane? I think it's interesting that you're even suggesting otherwise.

He very well probably was mentally ill. But was he ever diagnosed? The mans mental illness is really not my point. My point is how some people are so ready to dismiss the influence of leftist favored politics on people like this yet are so ready and willing to blame rightist politics for the actions of other people...and not simply blame it on mental illness.

Just do a simple google on the Lee topic and see how many articles there are out there that are that are quick to say it was mental illness..ignore the environmental media machine influence.

I doubt a right wing nut who did something crazy would get the same media treatment.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are terrorist suicide bombers mentally ill?

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hannity and O'Reilly both referenced Dr Tillman needing to be "taken out." I don't think they were referencing a night on the town. I don't think there is any connection to the guy who actually killed him, but it was irresponsible just the same. Glen Beck talked about arming up more than once. I've seen both Hannity and Beck talk about armed insurrection and rebellion against the US government. My father-in-law watches a lot of Fox News :(

You know instead of denying it then throwing out that the left does the same thing, perhaps it would be better to just state that it shouldn't be done at all from any political party talking heads and if it is done, calling out those that do it.

Latest Discussions