Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
this is an email my wife had sent to me
I swear I have met some of these people

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a "large" enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, "NO, it's not." Four is larger than two.."
We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTINGMy daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, "you gave me too much money." I said, "Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back." She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said "We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change. Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.
IDIOT SIGHTING
:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!
I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

From Kingman , KS .
IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.
From Kansas City IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded,
"That's why we ask."

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.
IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"
She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to "downsizing." Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often." Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING
:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING
:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the drivers side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!" His reply, "I know. I already got that side."

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , Mississippi
STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and REPRODUCE and our enemies know it!!!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think we all know some of these idiots, I work with a couple of them.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I kid you not, this happened to my coworker today. She went to the McDonald's drive-thru for lunch and her total was $3.06. So she gave the kid $5.06. The kid says she'll throw his drawer off and he can't take the 6 cents, he already rung it up. She tried telling him if his drawer is off it won't be because of her, but he absolutely refused and gave her back the change his register "told" him to. *sigh*

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've lost track of the idiots I run into who get confused when you hand them change.

My favorite story was the one about the fast food employee & manager who called the cops on someone trying to pay with a $2 bill, under the thought that it was counterfit. It wasn't.

I've enjoyed confusing the hell out of people using dollar coins instead of paper bills. :)

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I once ordered a cheeseburger at the drive p window and was asked by the dedicated employee on the other end of the speaker " do you want cheese with that?". :duh:

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Went through a drive-up on a motorcycle once. They asked if I wanted a drink to go with my meal.

:idea:

Another time I went through the drive up, I told them I wanted it "to go".

:erg:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

I personally heard a similar conversation except they were saying they put them in so that deaf people would know when to cross.

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

This did actually happen in my department. One of the users called upset that his PC would not turn on. The tech that checked it found that the user had moved his own PC (which they are not suppose to do) and when he plugged the power strip back in he had plugged it into itself.

I also had an extremely angry user standing in front of one of the help desk staff yelling at them and saying that his NEW computer, that they just set up, did not work and he had to much to do to deal with this type of incompetence. I stopped him from yelling and went down to his office and turned on his monitor that he had not turned on. It is amazing how much better it works if you turn on the monitor

Yup they sure do walk among us

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I have to add myself to this list:banghead:. I just tried using a Barnes and Noble gift card my son gave me, but I was having a problem ordering online because it said there was a problem with the number, so I called the customer service number on the website and they said the number was no good. I was only after I really looked at everything that I realized I was trying to use the B&N card on the Borders Book site :duh:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think I have to add myself to this list:banghead:. I just tried using a Barnes and Noble gift card my son gave me, but I was having a problem ordering online because it said there was a problem with the number, so I called the customer service number on the website and they said the number was no good. I was only after I really looked at everything that I realized I was trying to use the B&N card on the Borders Book site :duh:

Could have been worse... it could have been Amazon

At least B&N and Borders both begin with B and have a store you can go to... :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions