MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! Count me in the "good luck with that" boat. :shrug: In all seriousness, it is a scary possibility. As we enjoy the benefits of technological advancement, so do thieves, and identity theft and fraud can cause major headaches for years for it's victims. Even if your cards are maxed, if you're paying them on time new cards can be applied for in your name.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This has been talked about for years, ever since the RFID enabled cards came out. Luckily, If you are worried about it several companies manufacture wallets and card cases that block RFID signal making that much much more difficult to do. They also make them for passports with RFID in them.

This is the one fox featured recently.

http://www.idstronghold.com/

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hmmmm... thieves are getting better at adapting new technology then honest folks are at providing security.

DW and I travel enough that the company's passport shield with c/c holder seems like a good idea.

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Would you be able to "foil" (or seriously inhibit) the RFID Intercept by making your own credit card sleeve out of Aluminum Foil/Tin Foil and Duct Tape?

Latest Discussions