Earth-like planet found!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the Article

Only problem is its 120 Trillion miles away. I think I'll wait to pack my bags :) Pretty slick though! If we ever get over that pesky speed of light thing, I think I'll take a visit :)

I saw that article and Thought this is great.

Now to just come up with Hybernation type sleep and a source of energy to get us there, and we can look it over. :D

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I don't blame them for that. Look at how we treat each other. If they tried, first contact would probably involve a fire arm of some sort firing at them. If stories are true about visitations, then I fully understand whythe aliens do it the way that they do.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Maybe there's something particularly fascinating about Billy Bob's bunghole that compels them to travel millions of light years to stick something up it :shrug:

In all seriousness, if there are intelligent advanced civilizations out there whom we would recognize or who would recognize us as alive and sentient they've probably got the equivalent of a big sign up above the Earth. It would read something like: "Warning! Contains primitive, violent natives who haven't learned not to foul their own nests and who will kill you if you give them half a chance. By entering High Earth Orbit you forfeit your life insurance. Remains will not be returned to your next of kin." I wouldn't trust us with advanced spacefaring technology and the ability to harness suns any more than I'd trust Hamadryas Baboons with nuclear weapons.

Been up there then have you Tellner? I understand it's a bright yellow sign with blinking red lights on it, but you have it word perfect except for the word "extremely" before "violent". ;)

I think it's good that we've found another planet, but there is still so much to find out about our own world first. Human kind does thrive on mystery and discovery, and if we do find intelligent life (or indeed any life) on this planet it might give us extra insights to ourselves, but there is so much to discover here first.

Good on em for finding it though.... (I feel like I'm telling my dog well done for finding a stick)

Latest Discussions