Dude! Can I be this guy when I get old?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
*whistle*

Wow! I'm glad this didn't happen in England with the way they view those who defend themselves. Not that the location matters, I am truly impressed with this man. The story gives me hope to think I will never lose my martial arts knowledge when I get older. I plan to continue training until I croak.

- Ceicei

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
(to invisablehand-held tape recorder) "Note to self, never -censored- with the SAS, find out what the SAS are, consder joining the SAS inspite of being in the states. "

By the way, what is the SAS?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
*whistle*

Wow! I'm glad this didn't happen in England with the way they view those who defend themselves. Not that the location matters, I am truly impressed with this man. The story gives me hope to think I will never lose my martial arts knowledge when I get older. I plan to continue training until I croak.

- Ceicei
Of that I have no doubt that you will continue to do so. As far as forgetting... that's unlikely as well. Even if you were to stop training today and try to resume it three or four years from now... muscle memories will retain and re-affirm all that you've learned. Unlike before where you took time off to have your (beautiful) kids ... you went straight out to your present ranking/belt and that long of a time of continuous training doesn't go away easily.

As with the old man demonstrated one doesn't forget years of training... even after non-use. His previous combat experiences eliminated the fear that someone else his age would've succumbed to and probably would've been badly beaten or killed.
Kudos to him for standing up and refusing to be a victim. :asian:

As Andy Moynihan correctly identified the SAS... they're the equivalent to our Navy Seals, Green Berets and Rangers. They're also known for their anti-terrorist expertise. A bunch of bad-assed boys to be sure.

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
(to invisablehand-held tape recorder) "Note to self, never -censored- with the SAS, find out what the SAS are, consder joining the SAS inspite of being in the states. "

By the way, what is the SAS?

More importantly the SAS is the British Special Forces and have the harshest training in the world.

Now I did see this on the BBC so they might be biased :)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This was a great story. It shows years of past training can still help you, even if you stop practicing. The mind will always be strong...the body a little slower.

Never give up your training....make it a part of you........Aloha

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully the would be muggers will now look for a different line of work. I thank GOD for good news...

1stJohn1:9

Latest Discussions