Not Another One! Former Russian PM Apparently Poisoned in Dublin

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the connections amongst the various high-profile Russian victims over the past few months, you get the feeling that someone in Moscow is trying to tie up some loose ends... very, very nasty stuff.

OP
J

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the connections amongst the various high-profile Russian victims over the past few months, you get the feeling that someone in Moscow is trying to tie up some loose ends... very, very nasty stuff.

That's my thought as well. However; doing it in the UK is pretty darn stupid (Gaidar might have been poisoned in the UK and got sick in Ireland, IIRC). I think the killer or killers underestimated the global outrage and wide scope of the investigations that would follow.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the killer or killers underestimated the global outrage and wide scope of the investigations that would follow.

You and I are hoping that is the case. But I fear not much will be done because of the lack of clear evidence and Europe's dependence on Gazprom. Remember the blatent play made to take down the government in the Ukraine? Without proof, that is not likely to be found, how many goernments will be willing to take that risk?

Seriously, what kind of outrage are we seeing so far? The British authorities are treading very carefully and I do not see any other government even making much of a statement of concern.

And if they do nothing, then all the others that irritate Putin will get the message as to what may happen to them.

OP
J

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You and I are hoping that is the case. But I fear not much will be done because of the lack of clear evidence and Europe's dependence on Gazprom. Remember the blatent play made to take down the government in the Ukraine? Without proof, that is not likely to be found, how many goernments will be willing to take that risk?

Seriously, what kind of outrage are we seeing so far? The British authorities are treading very carefully and I do not see any other government even making much of a statement of concern.

And if they do nothing, then all the others that irritate Putin will get the message as to what may happen to them.

Perhaps you're right and its just wishful thinking on my part. If it is, then the world's in very deep peril

Latest Discussions