DSLR Remote Pro by Breesesys

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am abut to rip my graying hair out...

Cutting a long story short, brother-in-law found this thing to make extra money: use this program and your Canon camera (the liar, he said it had to be a Canon, but a Nikon works, too) to build a photo booth for events.

He and Hubby spend a weekend to build 1 and 1/2 of them things.

The program worked fine for BIL (the brother-in-law) but hey, he is a learned tech geek, with diploma and all...

Now, fast forward to sometime 2 weeks ago, Hubby volunteers me (of course) and the booth for a family fun day of our local military community.
Problem: Booth had not seen any improvement from the afore mentioned weekend, meaning I have to finish building it.
Ok, no big deal, I am crafty. Too bad the gents didn't take any input from me when they were working on it...all the points that came back to bite (since the guys changed the original plant to only using the general outline...)

Oh well, I mentioned I am crafty, right.

Now I got it almost build, now I am having the final end stages of problems:
I can't get the equipment to work right and the diploma geek does not answer his phone.

The monitor is supposed to show a life feed from the camera, so you can get ready for your picture.
The printer finally takes the 4x6 paper, but does not print the booth strips, only smallish pictures, 2 and a little....so basically it's a bust.
The event is tomorrow (I am thinking about calling it quits, just take the camera out, take pictures and upload them to a dedicated photobucket album.)
and I am sooo close to the finished result, but I can't quiet bridge that gap.

The printer is a Canon Pixma MG 5320

Pass the alcohol....

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I knew something to say to help you, but that's beyond my experience. Sorry you're having these issues!

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wish I knew something to say to help you, but that's beyond my experience. Sorry you're having these issues!

Thanks!
But there is always alcohol, right!
Oh sigh. I'll figure it out, sometime by tomorrow afternoon when all is over I guess. (Black Humor FTW)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, got the print working, now I need to decypher the tech mumbo jumbo to get my display working right....blech. but it seems I will be in business!

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
seems to be working. This is the most pictures that have existed of me since I started taking pictures myself...that's is like 30 years. and yes, in the spirit of the photobooth, they are goofy (and I will share, but not tonight, possibly not tomorrow night either...)

Latest Discussions