Dragon Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
The terms, wizard and magus, are English of course, and I have no idea what the translation is in Chinese. Magus is usually used for serious discussions because the term wizard has been overtaken by fairy tales, but I don't care, I use both. There is no doubt that the definitions do fit the person.

I am curious, what is the Chinese word for a chi kung master that is super psychic and has immense chi power?
Xue Sheng gave a pretty decent translation of what the Hanzi would be, there are other Hanzi, 方士 Fangshi comes to mind in describing such a person, the english equivalent is Merlin. If you are talking about a Qigong master "that is super psychic and has immense Qi power" by modern defination delusional 妄想 wang xiang.
If you say these things to a priest, then in a religuous context perhaps, merging with the Dao or spirtuality, but I do not think any priest would use "Super Psychic" in a religious context. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I saw it in a couple of places, the one I remember was in a newspaper report about some 'wizard' in China who was jailed for poisoning people. It was in English, from a non Chinese news source.

The term magus, a version of magician, is used. There is a really great book titled "The Magus of Strovolos" I think you will enjoy it.

There's another book, "The Magus of Java," which is about a guy called John Chang, who you may have heard of. I do not recommend that book.

That is why I decided to use the term Magus of Seattle in my back cover description.

I know what a magus is. My point is, and it appears your sources prove that, it is not a term used my any legitimate person in China

snake_monkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I will be picking up a copy of your book, as I'm interested in this on many levels. Thanks.

Link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-qj9Idc0bUSoUieeOe28NQ (have fun with that, I'm still working things out in terms of digital media content production, but if your enjoy what you see please subscribe).

As for discussion on the term Wu / Wizard - I am personally a basic QiGong teacher for a club at my work place...we do light fitness, qigong, and yoga. I am a quarter native Siberian and have been interested in Shamanism for many, many, years. I found some research (can't recall the source) that related the Ancient Chinese term 'Wu' to one that performed pre-Taoist shamanic practices in Chinese culture, many of which may have been the same/similar to some Qigong practices today.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I will be picking up a copy of your book, as I'm interested in this on many levels. Thanks.

Link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-qj9Idc0bUSoUieeOe28NQ (have fun with that, I'm still working things out in terms of digital media content production, but if your enjoy what you see please subscribe).

As for discussion on the term Wu / Wizard - I am personally a basic QiGong teacher for a club at my work place...we do light fitness, qigong, and yoga. I am a quarter native Siberian and have been interested in Shamanism for many, many, years. I found some research (can't recall the source) that related the Ancient Chinese term 'Wu' to one that performed pre-Taoist shamanic practices in Chinese culture, many of which may have been the same/similar to some Qigong practices today.

Be careful with running with the generic Wu. there are multiple meanings of Wu in Chinese depending on the tone.
Wushi can mean wizard, it can also mean warrior, it can also mean affair, 50, ignore, lion dance, to hold things up and a whole lot of other things. Without the proper tones you just don't know. And the characters are what work best for figuring out what s meant by wushi

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Hi, I subscribed to your channel on Utube. I think you will like the book, it got five out of five stars from the people who filled in the testimonial section, except for one person who gave it one star, who also did not get the book. Which appears to be a simple case of jealousy.

I offer this as a counterpoint to someone else's 'review' here on this forum:

Here's the Amazon reviews page: Amazon.com: Customer reviews: A Lineage of Dragons: The mysterious qigong master who was Bruce Lee's uncle and main teacher

The book is not for teaching methods so much, although it has a few hints for those who can read between the lines. It is more so people can learn about what is possible on the Taoist spiritual path of the warrior, and to differentiate it from fake neigong, which is what you find in the media. The reason for this is explained very clearly and precisely in the book. You can learn why it is impossible to teach neigong in a book or a video.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
I bought the book, I read it, I gave it 2 stars,
Why my review isn't there I'll have to look into it again.

The book in honestly is just some guys testimony, and says nothing about what neigong is, also the author refers to his Chinese teacher as a "chink" and uses and makes fun of his teacher's accent as "crazzy" and "bushi*" calls one of his students fat though I guess it's the voice in his head he insists, goes on a nervous breakdown about not being worthy in his life, refers to his late teacher as a reincarnated dragon. There is also that undertone in the book about hating or anger towards any other Qigong or neigong person and only he knows what real neigong is, he speaks about neigong as Taoist wizards it's inaccurate.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
The person who gave it one star Bob something refers to Liang sifu who is regarded as one of the top teachers in Qigong as well as friends with Jwing Ming Yang another well regarded scholar in Qigong and Martial arts, Liang sifu Qigong book is a hundred times better than this book, also his daughter Helen is hott!

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here is the actual quote from his book

"after a few months of this we were going through our usual routine and were in a position where we were bending over to the side with our arms out behind us when the word "chink" popped into my head-silently-but it wasn't so quiet in my head, it was more like a yell, a psychic yell".-Part 8 practicing the path

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The book in honestly is just some guys testimony, and says nothing about what neigong is, also the author refers to his Chinese teacher as a "chink" and uses and makes fun of his teacher's accent as "crazzy" and "bushi*" calls one of his students fat

Those are all lies from a jealous person. You can find the truth in the book. It is not uncommon for Chinese people despise whites that have been shown the real Way.

Last edited:

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Those are all lies from a jealous person. You can find the truth in the book. It is not uncommon for Chinese people despise whites that have been shown the real Way.
Which part is a lie the direct quotes from your book?

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Bruce Lee was assassinated partly for teaching whites, and it is also a reason why Mr. Yueng told me to not write about him until after he died. In the book it tells how and why Bruce was assassinated.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Most Chinese are surprised if a non Chinese is interested in daojiao and fojiao and Martial arts especially neijia arts especially the younger generation, I think curious on how and why are more frequent and definitely encouraging in learning Chinese culture.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bruce Lee was assassinated partly for teaching whites, and it is also a reason why Mr. Yueng told me to not write about him until after he died. In the book it tells how and why Bruce was assassinated.
No...just no....he died because he had a brain aneurysm

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
QUOTE="Starjumper7, post: 1975952, member: 41109"]Bruce Lee was assassinated partly for teaching whites, and it is also a reason why Mr. Yueng told me to not write about him until after he died. In the book it tells how and why Bruce was assassinated.[/QUOTE]

OK, sorry, I'm out, you are going down the wrong road here. I am trying to understand and trying to figure out what it is you are trying to do here, but this is all wuxia ( 武侠 ) IMO.

Sorry, but based on what I know as fact....compared to what you are saying about Neigong, Bruce Lee and Fook Yueng you are way off, and by the way Fook Yueng passed away in 2012….and this combines with the other unfounded and outrageous claims I have had about enough... And to be honest, IMO, claims of “couldn’t talk or didn’t talk until after the teachers death are always questionable to me.

Chinese people do well with folks who have real skill, however they don't do well with fake masters.

Bruce Lee's Wing Chun teachers were
A little Ip Man
A lot of Wong Shun Leung
and some Wan Kam Leung
Or at least that is I am more incline to beleive

and when he left Hong Kong he went to California.

And why the importance of connecting yourself in some way to Bruce Lee? What is the point? You may want to be careful though about trying to market Bruce Lee. His daughter is pretty much against it and not afraid of litigation, in the name of her father.

I'm sorry, this may lock this thread, but I've had enough of this

Good luck to you in whatever it is you are trying to do

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I bought the book, I read it, I gave it 2 stars,
Why my review isn't there I'll have to look into it again.

The book in honestly is just some guys testimony, and says nothing about what neigong is, also the author refers to his Chinese teacher as a "chink" and uses and makes fun of his teacher's accent as "crazzy" and "bushi*" calls one of his students fat though I guess it's the voice in his head he insists, goes on a nervous breakdown about not being worthy in his life, refers to his late teacher as a reincarnated dragon. There is also that undertone in the book about hating or anger towards any other Qigong or neigong person and only he knows what real neigong is, he speaks about neigong as Taoist wizards it's inaccurate.
Classy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions