Dr. Michael Kelly and the Dim Mak.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching a History Channel show about ancient weapons and came across this fellow Dr. Michael Kelly.

The show can be watched here:
. The part related to Dr. Kelly starts at minute 37.20. I did a little googling and found a website for him: Dr Michael Kelly

I am curious if anyone on here met him? I searched previous threads and didn't see his name mentioned.

OP
Instructor

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Video not available in my area. What's the gist?
He was attempting to use western medicine technology to to scientifically see what was happening during various kinds of lethal attacks. In the video he had a BJJ practitioner do a rear naked choke on a guy who was hooked up to a heart monitor etc.

Old Happy Tiger

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was watching a History Channel show about ancient weapons and came across this fellow Dr. Michael Kelly.

. The part related to Dr. Kelly starts at minute 37.20. I did a little googling and found a website for him: Dr Michael Kelly

I am curious if anyone on here met him? I searched previous threads and didn't see his name mentioned.
If the Doctors background is true (and I have no reason to say it's not) he has a impressive background in longtime martial arts as well as western medical practice.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

Nathan "Megatron" Lewis with Shaolin staff at the beginning.

That man is a legend.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
According to Patrick McCarthy sensei (Karate's top historian and translator of the Bubishi) Dr. Kelly's book, Death Touch, The Science Behind the Legend of Dim-Mak, is the most comprehensive work on the subject. I have not read it, but if McCarthy sensei praises it, you can bet it is worthwhile reading for those interested in the subject.

Latest Discussions