Door-to-door rape prevention programs

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not THAT stupid. Less than 20% of rapes are committed by strangers. Many thousands of men and women go door to door all over the country for a variety of reasons, and how many are dragged in and assaulted? It must not be that common, I couldn't even find a story about it.

The number one rape prevention strategy, going by the numbers, should be to be careful around your family and to watch who you make friends with!

True that.

However, I still think it's a stupid thing for a lone woman to be knocking on stranger's doors. Door to door isn't that common anymore. Not like it used to be anyway. Granted, the odds of that happening may be low, but if you're going to be advocating prevention, you need to demonstrate it a little better. All it takes it one wrong door. Simple solution? Go in groups.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Statistically, it's probably not that unsafe..esp. at someone's house, making them know they'll be easy to trace.

It sends the wrong message...that you might act the same way in other circumstances that are less safe.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Statistically, it's probably not that unsafe..esp. at someone's house, making them know they'll be easy to trace.

It sends the wrong message...that you might act the same way in other circumstances that are less safe.
There's a guy from Lake Oswego, Oregon in prison from whose home they dug up the remains of two neighborhood girls he lured from the school bus stop.

If you buzz at the parlor door, the spider may entice you in.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ssssoooo, what exactly were they selling?
Was it a MM/IMPACT clone?
A martial arts school's WSD teaser?
Products?
Unhelpful tips?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's a guy from Lake Oswego, Oregon in prison from whose home they dug up the remains of two neighborhood girls he lured from the school bus stop.

If you buzz at the parlor door, the spider may entice you in.

I'm ashamed to say that that is one of those events which bring out my Viking genes.

I'm assuming that the felon (I won't call him a man) in question had very strong, incontrovertible, evidence of guilt against him?

If so (and my Viking resisting Liberal genes require this to be a given), why is this predatory criminal still alive?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say that that is one of those events which bring out my Viking genes.
There's an old Viking term whose spelling I'm about to mangle horribly as I've only heard it spoken "Vode Freke Werewolf" - Angry Hungry Werewolf. Looks like a man but isn't, preys on humans. And you can tell by looking at the eyes. The traditional Nordic cure involved fire and steel and dispersing the ashes that they never more might mingle.

I'm assuming that the felon (I won't call him a man) in question had very strong, incontrovertible, evidence of guilt against him?

If so (and my Viking resisting Liberal genes require this to be a given), why is this predatory criminal still alive?

The author may be thinking of the Ward Weaver case in Oregon City. Books have been written about it. I won't recount the whole story. Others have done it better. The Portland Tribune did yeoman service on the case.

As they said about the murderer in the Donner Party "He was guilty as sin, and his sins were mortal." There was all kinds of evidence once the police started looking. But really, he was just carrying on a family tradition. His father was also a murdering rapist and seems to have trained his boy up right for it. If I were Ward Weaver III's son I would seriously consider castration or total celibacy because a vasectomy might not be enough.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welllll .... He confessed to his son about taking and killing the girls. And they dug up his freshly-poured cement walkway next to his home to find the remains of one girl. The other was in a bag in the shed. His name is Ward Weaver III.

Umm ... not sure. I think his threats to commit suicide and some other evidence pointed to his mental instability so he'll be protected in the hospital for the criminally insane, if memory serves.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score

Not any of my doing. "Up a long ladder, and down a short rope" was my preference. Or "Dig a ditch over there, pour in a sack of lime and stand in front of it. Someone will be by presently to put one in the back of your head."

He bargained life in prison without parole for evidence about this and other crimes. According to some he had been holding the prospect of a terrible grisly trial over the heads of the families of the deceased.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra details, Todd and Georgia :tup:. It seems actually somehow worse that this was not only pre-meditated but was part of a 'tradition' - I shake my head in wonder at how awful we humans can be sometimes.

Latest Discussions