don't forget to change your clocks!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realise you guys had to change your clocks too! I knew you were on different times because of the size of the country but didn't think each state could be a different time due to the whims of politicians! How do you keep up with it lol?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ps my posting time says 0632am but is actually 1132am my time.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's never too early for it to be dark. Nighttime is the best.

Ah but that's because you live in a warm place! Try dark, windy, wet and very cold lol! Though winter evenings when it gets dark early means I can throw logs on the fire and curl up on the sofa. The only problem I have is that I work shifts, 2 days 2 nights then 4 days off. the shifts are 12hrs and sometimes it can be days before I see the daylight.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah but that's because you live in a warm place! Try dark, windy, wet and very cold lol! Though winter evenings when it gets dark early means I can throw logs on the fire and curl up on the sofa. The only problem I have is that I work shifts, 2 days 2 nights then 4 days off. the shifts are 12hrs and sometimes it can be days before I see the daylight.

Yeah that's not any fun working shifts like that.

See but I'm a strange one... I like the cold weather (just not so much for the driving in snow)
One of the coolest things I've ever done was one night when I was living in Oregon I woke up about 3 am, dead of night. It had just started to snow, I still don't know what woke me up. For the first little bit it snowed hard... very hard. Soon it let up, and there was about a half inch of snow down. I bundled up and went out for a walk. It felt like I was the only one in the whole town. Such was the silence of that night, no cars, no other people, just me and the snow.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't realise you guys had to change your clocks too! I knew you were on different times because of the size of the country but didn't think each state could be a different time due to the whims of politicians! How do you keep up with it lol?

The time zones here were originally set up by the train companies who ran across country in order to keep track of their departure and arrival times better. What really throws a monkey wrench into things is that some States DO follow the Daylight Savings Time changes and some DON"T. We even have a couple of States that the time zones split, so there can be an hour difference between towns in the same state even though they are only minutes apart.

What I find amazing is the size of some of our time zones. I live in the Eastern time zone, way over on the eastern edge of it, over in Michigan on the western side of the same time zone it gets dark or light about 1 hour and 15 minutes later than it does over here. We change times because during the summer it gets light so darn early (by 4:30 AM we don't need our headlights anyway)

Latest Discussions