The universe has a cruel sense of humor

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I remember doing that too! It was a real test of timing, in and out was crucial, or else a double kill was imminent!

We had a guy in my fraternity who memorized the pattern of where you re-spawned after you were killed for every board. He’d kill you and immediately run to that spot and get you again as you were blinking and coming back to life. Or he’d set up proximity mines to all those spots. You had zero chance once he killed you for the first time. And this was before the whole internet era where it was easy to google this kind of stuff. Worst guy ever to play any game against.

We banned him from playing. It just wasn’t fun. He was only allowed to play against the pledges who didn’t know his tactics.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
We had a guy in my fraternity who memorized the pattern of where you re-spawned after you were killed for every board. He’d kill you and immediately run to that spot and get you again as you were blinking and coming back to life. Or he’d set up proximity mines to all those spots. You had zero chance once he killed you for the first time. And this was before the whole internet era where it was easy to google this kind of stuff. Worst guy ever to play any game against.

We banned him from playing. It just wasn’t fun. He was only allowed to play against the pledges who didn’t know his tactics.
Wow, that is sneaky as.... and would just be annoying haha.

I remember in that level where you respawn in the vents that lead to the toilets, you basically had to SPRINT straight away to get out, because if someone was near there, they'd just hover in the toilets and wait for you to drop out of the vent hahaha. You of course didn't have any decent weapons so you had to hurry!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I remember "Pong." A total trip. Then "Asteroids" came out. Totally blew my mind. Then, Karate-do replaced Ni Ten-Do. I liked that even more. Shortly after that, I discovered sex (and girls). Life kept getting better and better.
That was great. Hilarious.
I discovered sex long before the personal gaming industry had found traction. I grew up in the large console gaming era. I blew a lot of coin playing Asteroids on one of those machines.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That was great. Hilarious.
I discovered sex long before the personal gaming industry had found traction. I grew up in the large console gaming era. I blew a lot of coin playing Asteroids on one of those machines.

I had the asteroids arcade game in my house...and I am not talking gaming console

Asteroids-arcadegame.jpg

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Ha, ha, I was the first guy in our group to figure out the respawn points and the respawn pattern in each arena. I kept this info to myself for two weeks until it got kind of boring to watch my friends implode because they didn't even have time to get to the first gun before they would see the red screen ;).

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember "Pong." A total trip. Then "Asteroids" came out. Totally blew my mind. Then, Karate-do replaced Ni Ten-Do. I liked that even more. Shortly after that, I discovered sex (and girls). Life kept getting better and better.
Asteroids ! That brings back memories. I remember hunting saucers by flying left to right at first. Then someone figured out that flying from the bottom to the top was more efficient. Ultimately, sitting at a corner was the best tactic but it got kind of boring after that. One quarter would last for hours.

Latest Discussions