Dojo question

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone familiar with this school? I did not realize it, but it looks like they are about five minutes from home. The head instructor is Bill Fairweather.

http://www.marylandkiaikido.org/

Thank you,

Daniel

If you are looking for a school of Aikido that focuses on the "soft" aspects of the art, Bill is a great person to train under. His Aikido teachings are great. His emphasis, at least in the 2001-2003 years was on the mental and self aspects of Aikido, and less on the fighting and "combat" aspects of Aikido.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's one of the things that I love about aikido, Don. You can have guys like me who skirt the line between -jutsu and -do on a regular basis and still have guys that concentrate on the spiritual side of the art a great deal and we can still sit and discuss our love of the art.

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's one of the things that I love about aikido, Don. You can have guys like me who skirt the line between -jutsu and -do on a regular basis and still have guys that concentrate on the spiritual side of the art a great deal and we can still sit and discuss our love of the art.

I hear you! I skirt the line too most of the time, but depends on who I'm teaching for. Both ways can get good Aikido though!

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you are looking for a school of Aikido that focuses on the "soft" aspects of the art, Bill is a great person to train under. His Aikido teachings are great. His emphasis, at least in the 2001-2003 years was on the mental and self aspects of Aikido, and less on the fighting and "combat" aspects of Aikido.

I would love to at least see an aikido school. As a hapkidoist, we focus on the 'hard' aspect of the art quite a bit. As it is through the rec department, the price is very reasonable, so I may sign on in addition to what I am doing currently.

Daniel

Latest Discussions